Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Game Thread: 9/4 @ Iowa - 3:30 - BTN

I was a big Penix fan last season but he just doesn’t look right. I don’t know if he just isn’t healthy or if he just sucks now. Either way we are screwed. This is not a good team and we better hope the recruits don’t bolt. 

The issues are with the offense. Defense hasn’t been that bad. They’ve got 3 scores coming from IU turnovers. Penix doesn’t look comfortable and the O line is bad. Not a good recipe for successful offense.
Don't forget about Sheridan being bad

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Tuttle or McCaulley for the 2nd half at this point especially if Penix chokes on the first possession coming out of halftime 

Exactly. No reason to further expose him to hits in a game we're not likely to get back in.

15 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Could be Penix is just fool’s gold.  Oft injured and really not very accurate….even in the perfect storm  last year, he completed 56.5% of his throws.

Penix is kind of inconsistent. He had a great OSU game last year, and then the next week he was 6-19 for 84 yards before tearing his ACL. It’s hard knowing how much he benefitted from no fans and the usual conference powers being down. He’s suffered 3 straight season ending injuries. He’s been good for, on average, 5 games a year during his 3 years at IU. I preferred Ramsey when he was here so maybe I’m a Penix ‘hater,’ but I just don’t think Penix is a QB we can rely on. If history is any indicator he won’t make it through the season. Honestly wouldn’t hate seeing what Tuttle could do here in the second half. It’s not Penix’s day. 

Amazing that 2 hours ago I was hopeful for a New Years 6 appearance. Now I’m wondering if we’ll even get to six wins.

Yeah, we look terrible. I rather enjoyed being a ‘semi-confident’ Indiana Football fan. I use to be a ‘hope we don’t get embarrassed’ fan and winning has been fun. Took 2 possessions to change the feel of the season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app