Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Hoosier Hysteria date set - 10/2/21

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve been noticing that the last couple years  that once the scrimmage starts most people take off.  While it might be one of my favorite parts I can see why younger fans and fans that want to bear the crowd  would want to bolt.   Attendance was noticeably down from years past.   We were 30 mins late and walked right in and sat around row 39 with no one else around us.  I personally thought there would be more people.   I still loved going because I got to make another memory inside assembly hall with my family.  

Hoosier Hysteria is for the fans but really for families and each family gets something different out of it. I used to love the scrimmage when I was in middle school but in taking my 4 year old, it didn’t matter that it was canceled as he was spent after being there for almost 2 hours. I can see how many were disappointed it was canceled. 
for me, they need to find a way to move things along faster. I would love to see the players announced and then move into the scrimmage and then the other stuff but that’s just me.

attendance was way down, I was disappointed to see that, I hope that was just a result of the rain or Covid or both but there was maybe only 7k people there, just my guess but that wasn’t what I was used to seeing but then again I haven’t been since the Crean era.

8 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but one if the things I liked at HH was the upper classmen giving the Freshman their Candystripes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I do like that if it could be done quickly and not some long drawn out production. For me they need to go bigger for a shorter period of time. They need to be more efficient - use the red steppers between events while they set up for instance so there isn’t down time. I also don’t need to hear moren, woody and Patberg speeches, sorry, just don’t and kids certainly don’t. If you want to have one famous speaker like a Zeke or someone, great, but 4 speeches while nothing else is being done is a waste of time. They at least could have been deconstructing the walk out cave and setting up the basketball hoop but they didn’t, they waited to do that until the speeches were over and then had a dead period where 2 people shot off t-shirts. It’s just coordination and efficiencies that don’t cost anything

52 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Hoosier Hysteria is for the fans but really for families and each family gets something different out of it. I used to love the scrimmage when I was in middle school but in taking my 4 year old, it didn’t matter that it was canceled as he was spent after being there for almost 2 hours. I can see how many were disappointed it was canceled. 
for me, they need to find a way to move things along faster. I would love to see the players announced and then move into the scrimmage and then the other stuff but that’s just me.

attendance was way down, I was disappointed to see that, I hope that was just a result of the rain or Covid or both but there was maybe only 7k people there, just my guess but that wasn’t what I was used to seeing but then again I haven’t been since the Crean era.

I got into the parking lot at 1 and couldn't believe that very little people were in line. When I got on line I was in the second rung of the line.  I hope some of the reason was the rain and the conditions.  Also I think the fact that you had to wear a mask kept people away.

49 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I do like that if it could be done quickly and not some long drawn out production. For me they need to go bigger for a shorter period of time. They need to be more efficient - use the red steppers between events while they set up for instance so there isn’t down time. I also don’t need to hear moren, woody and Patberg speeches, sorry, just don’t and kids certainly don’t. If you want to have one famous speaker like a Zeke or someone, great, but 4 speeches while nothing else is being done is a waste of time. They at least could have been deconstructing the walk out cave and setting up the basketball hoop but they didn’t, they waited to do that until the speeches were over and then had a dead period where 2 people shot off t-shirts. It’s just coordination and efficiencies that don’t cost anything

I liked the speeches and rather see that than the contest they have especially the dunk contest.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I liked the speeches and rather see that than the contest they have especially the dunk contest.

Maybe do away with all the theatrics and just run a practice. A lot of us have never seen a Woody led practice

10 hours ago, mamasa said:

What I thought was strange was the fact that half the crowd left when they announced the upcoming scrimmage. I didn’t hear much complaining about the cancellation of scrimmage, just a lot of concern for the players (who made us short-handed). 

Half the crowd always leaves once all that's left is the scrimmage.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:12 PM, IU Scott said:

I got into the parking lot at 1 and couldn't believe that very little people were in line. When I got on line I was in the second rung of the line.  I hope some of the reason was the rain and the conditions.  Also I think the fact that you had to wear a mask kept people away.

I was in town and thought of going, but the rain kept me away.   If I had to wear a mask I would skip as well.  Started pre-game for the lousy football game instead.