Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Hoosier Hysteria date set - 10/2/21

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Attendance dropping could be a bunch of things, but ultimately it’s a result of the product in general and the product specific to Hoosier Hysteria. Since the general product has been down for so long, fans are losing their grip. Long term, winning cures all. Short term, if you want fans to be there give them what they want. Do some questionnaires and figure out the best product you can put together. For me, that’s definitely a scrimmage. Heck, do some 3on3 games by 1s and 2s to 10.

Also, moving it a little closer to the actual season start seems like that would help. Any historians have info on this? Seemed really early this year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It’s been all over the place in the past.   Crean would have it a little later and then do a haunted hoops around Halloween(which was awesome because my young one got to dress up and trick or treat in assembly hall).   Archie had some later but also had it at the end of September one year 

Nice gestures.

JaQualon “JQ” Roberts @JQ_co2023

Thank you @IndianaMBB for inviting my family and I to Hoosier Hysteria!  Also great meeting Mr. @IsiahThomas!

Jacob Theodosiou @JacobTheodosiou

Had a great time at Hoosier Hysteria, special thank you to @B_Walsh2 and @IndianaMBB for the invitation.

Caleb Middleton @CalebMiddlet0n 

Had a great time Hoosier Hysteria today.  Thank you @IndianaMBB for having me!

Joey Hart @joey_hart32

Thanks for having me @IUHoosiers

Imho, Hoosier Hysteria has been lame for a while. I can’t speak on this year because I’ve only seen a couple short clips, but in years past, at least dating back to 2013 and moving forward, it’s been boring. At least in my 20something opinion. These types of events are supposed to be high-energy and electric. They’re supposed to be ‘cool.’ Ours have been pretty stale for a while. I think it all goes back to IU being an old and stuffy program, not a modern day ‘cool’ one. We lack sex appeal. Hopefully Woody and his staff can change that. 

It’s been all over the place in the past.   Crean would have it a little later and then do a haunted hoops around Halloween(which was awesome because my young one got to dress up and trick or treat in assembly hall).   Archie had some later but also had it at the end of September one year 

Later certainly helps the enthusiasm if that is what your aiming for. But the goal is winning games not HH, so whatever the best plan is to win games, let’s do that.

Part of me wonders if Kaleb Glenn and his recruiting timeline played a part in HH timeline.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Imho, Hoosier Hysteria has been lame for a while. I can’t speak on this year because I’ve only seen a couple short clips, but in years past, at least dating back to 2013 and moving forward, it’s been boring. At least in my 20something opinion. These types of events are supposed to be high-energy and electric. They’re supposed to be ‘cool.’ Ours have been pretty stale for a while. I think it all goes back to IU being an old and stuffy program, not a modern day ‘cool’ one. We lack sex appeal. Hopefully Woody and his staff can change that. 

Sex appeal you ask? Kansas had Dancers recently and poles, and cash rockets and Snoop Dogg.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sex appeal you ask? Kansas had Dancers recently and poles, and cash rockets and Snoop Dogg.

Do that at IU and that sparkly brand new hospital’s cardiac floor will be overflowing with blue hairs. 

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We would self-inflict the death penalty on our program if that ever happened at IU, lol. That incident aside though, schools like Kansas and UK do always seem to have more exciting ‘midnight madness’ events than we do. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We would self-inflict the death penalty on our program if that ever happened at IU, lol. That incident aside though, schools like Kansas and UK do always seem to have more exciting ‘midnight madness’ events than we do. 

Archie tried to up the entertainment aspect.  If you remember I believe Romeos year they spent some extra money on a Laser light show on the court with player introductions that nba teams do.  Must of cost too much because that was the obit year they did that 

Yeah, I don’t like it. I’m not that old, but class goes a long way. What Kansas did was awful.

Bring back NBA guys here and there. Add some games and competitions. Just a little spice. Keep the class. Recruit families, try to get the good ones. It can be done.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sex appeal??? We had the Red Steppers.... Lol.  

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

Sex appeal??? We had the Red Steppers.... Lol.  

Haha. Okay okay just to clarify by ‘sex appeal’ I’m not talking about women. I just mean our program lacks ‘sex appeal’ to recruits right now, we currently lack that ‘it factor’ that draws in recruits. I used a poor choice of words, lol. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Haha. Okay okay just to clarify by ‘sex appeal’ I’m not talking about women. I just mean our program lacks ‘sex appeal’ to recruits right now, we currently lack that ‘it factor’ that draws in recruits. I used a poor choice of words, lol. 

Nah, just messing with you.  My almost 18 year old daughter was saying how awful the music was, that it wasn't close to anything that people her age would generally like.  I'm not advocating for stripper poles, but, you're right, a little extra oomph would be nice. Please don't bring back Seth Greenburg lol!

19 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Nah, just messing with you.  My almost 18 year old daughter was saying how awful the music was, that it wasn't close to anything that people her age would generally like.  I'm not advocating for stripper poles, but, you're right, a little extra oomph would be nice. Please don't bring back Seth Greenburg lol!

I remember being disappointed by the music in the past. And I do get that it can be hard to find music that everyone will like and that is appropriate for families with young kids. But some more pizazz would be nice.

I wouldn’t mind some variety in the events either. Every year they do the same thing. Maybe a ‘make it take it’ 1 on 1 tournament, a coed 3 on 3 tournament, just something new. You could even do the regular events and then do a 3 on 3 tournament in lieu of a full on scrimmage. 

3 hours ago, mamasa said:

What I thought was strange was the fact that half the crowd left when they announced the upcoming scrimmage. I didn’t hear much complaining about the cancellation of scrimmage, just a lot of concern for the players (who made us short-handed). 

In most years a lot of people leave before the scrimmage especially the students.  Most come for the festivities and not just a scrimmage.  They like the intros and the dance and cheer teams more than a scrimmage

10 minutes ago, Trish said:

2012 was the best Hoosier Hysteria and you can’t tell me otherwise. 

Looked like a very small crowd yesterday. Tough to see but understandable. 

Yeah Hysteria absolutely peaked in 2012 for multiple reasons. That was an insane event. People got turned away at the door right?

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah Hysteria absolutely peaked in 2012 for multiple reasons. That was an insane event. People got turned away at the door right?

Probably. Luckily I got there at the right time. Sold out. Couldn’t find a seat anywhere. 

Being #1 helps a lot. 

48 minutes ago, Trish said:

Probably. Luckily I got there at the right time. Sold out. Couldn’t find a seat anywhere. 

Being #1 helps a lot. 

We get back as a program and HH is hopping again. I’m optimistic on the state of the program, i think we’re now moving ahead again and will get there soon