Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread Part 2: IUBB vs BC Mega Boogaloo | 1:00PM *NOT TELEVISED*

E82z6aFXMAcKBa-?format=jpg%26name=large&key=4c6cfcd201d8b72510f75adf7f800b205cc9a4470caa04c559a4eb614b775293

Parker Stewart has yet to put his imprint on the game but he’s the guy that can go 4-5 from three in a game. Besides Kopp. Trey Galloway likely seeing too many minutes. But he’s a smart team guy. I’d like to slide some of those minutes to Geronimo eventually. Our staff needs to keep Lander focused on the prize. Earn his minutes, realize better times ahead. Fans on social media need to leave it alone. No reason to put a highlighter on it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Given the limited amount of practice time they've had and the number of new players, this went extremely well. Effort was there and more importantly, they seemed to enjoy playing together. This coach knows what he is doing and the team seems to believe in him. I'm expecting an enjoyable season.

Your point?  This team came in second in their not too shabby league last year.  

My point. Having watched all available film/video of the two games, in my opinion, the Serbian team IU played Friday and Sunday did not look to be a very good team irrespective of their place in their league last year. IU looked reasonably good Friday, but not so good today. I suspect Mike Woodson would agree with that assessment. I'm happy IU won both games. I'm happy the new coach and players were able to play against international competition in August. But I'm not convinced these games provide sufficient evidence of what kind of season we will have this coming year.

•  

19 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Your point?  This team came in second in their not too shabby league last year.  

My point. Having watched all available film/video of the two games, in my opinion, the Serbian team IU played Friday and Sunday did not look to be a very good team irrespective of their place in their league last year. IU looked reasonably good Friday, but not so good today. I suspect Mike Woodson would agree with that assessment. I'm happy IU won both games. I'm happy the new coach and players were able to play against international competition in August. But I'm not convinced these games provide sufficient evidence of what kind of season we will have this coming year.

•  

That’s an interesting opinion.  The facts don’t seem to agree with you. But enjoy the opinion 

Just now, Honkyman said:

Brass Cannon says: The facts don’t seem to agree with you. But enjoy the opinion \

_______

Actually, the facts do support my opinion. But enjoy your opinion. 

Your personal eye test isn’t a fact.  Any rando could say that that by the eye test the suns and bucks aren’t final level teams. That’s just a poorly formed opinion. The fact is they were final caliber teams

Brass Cannon says: The fact is they were final caliber teams.]

________

A team that shoots 32% from the field, 27% from 3-point range, and 55% at the free throw line is usually not considered a very good team. But you are free to engage in your fantasy that this Serbian team was a really good team. I'm in the camp that believes it is too early to judge how good this IU team will be this coming season. You apparently think otherwise. That's fine. Enjoy your opinion.

Just watched the whole thing—THANK YOU SEAN CAVANAUGH FOR THE VIDEO!

My personal takeaways:

Xavier is a significant upgrade. He is made for a four out high ball screen.

Parker Stewart has old man game and excellent court vision. He took and barely missed a bunch of good shots.

Jordan Geronimo is significantly improved—rebounds out of his area and really defends.

Rob looks kinda the same, but he’s now clearly X’s backup.

One thing that has stood out that I’m surprised by is Lander. Had really high hopes for him but looks like something is just missing.  Definitely thought he would be a bigger cog in what woody was building. 

Race and Geronimo are going to be pivotal for this teams success they do those little things teams need but don’t always show up on the stat sheet. 

Bates is going to leave a few guys responsible for game planning against him with massive headaches 

Just watched the whole thing—THANK YOU SEAN CAVANAUGH FOR THE VIDEO!
My personal takeaways:
Xavier is a significant upgrade. He is made for a four out high ball screen.
Parker Stewart has old man game and excellent court vision. He took and barely missed a bunch of good shots.
Jordan Geronimo is significantly improved—rebounds out of his area and really defends.
Rob looks kinda the same, but he’s now clearly X’s backup.
One thing I noticed about Parker is his physical man defense, didn't expect that from him

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve come away really impressed with Stewart in spite of the shots not falling.

Fans need to cool it worrying about Lander or speculating. He’d be a frosh right now if he hadn’t reclassified. IU has two experienced 4th year PGs, and the rotations in the Bahamas were…I mean, not March-style but certainly more aimed at winning than a true exhibition platoon. Plenty of space for him to earn time.

18 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yeah I’ve come away really impressed with Stewart in spite of the shots not falling.

Fans need to cool it worrying about Lander or speculating. He’d be a frosh right now if he hadn’t reclassified. IU has two experienced 4th year PGs, and the rotations in the Bahamas were…I mean, not March-style but certainly more aimed at winning than a true exhibition platoon. Plenty of space for him to earn time.

Point well-made.

Woody’s rotations are far far far more similar to coach Knight’s rotations. Play the guys that are playing well the vast majority of the minutes, even when the game is in hand.