Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread Part 2: IUBB vs BC Mega Boogaloo | 1:00PM *NOT TELEVISED*

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've noticed discrepancies between stats being credited to players on the FIBA website vs. stats being tweeted by people in attendance.  No idea who's right and who's wrong but might take the FIBA stats with a grain of salt.

I also blame the unis from both teams. Mega is wearing pink numbers on slightly darker pink jerseys while Adidas thought it would be genius to make IU practice jerseys with the numbers in split colors, one of those colors being the primary jersey color.

1 minute ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Looking at the stats, TJD is having a tough day: 5-16 from the field; 11 points; 34 minutes; 1-5 FT; 0 fouls; 2 steals...

Xavier is 4-14 from the field in 25 min...

Yep, we didn’t shoot it well today but grinded out the W.  Appears Kopp is our primary space guy.  Be nice to have a couple others.  Maybe Bates can become that.  

Bad shooting day from our Hoosiers but I liked the way they were aggressive on the offensive end. Didn’t see much hot potato around the 3 point line for 25 seconds like last year. Also like the way Xavier pushes the ball up the court. 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Refreshing to have a head coach who tells it like it is.

From Mike Schumnann  --  Mike Woodson on Miller Kopp's ankle: "****, he'll be alright."

Love it. Inevitably, Woody is gonna screw up. But right now he is just the man.

Brass Cannon said:  The rest of the world ain’t half bad at basketball

______

My point wasn't that international teams are not good. My point was that this particular team--given its very poor shooting and generally poor play (I have watched all available film)--did not seem to be a very good team in spite of the fact that it is a professional team. I'm not convinced this particular team provides much of an indication how good the IU team will be this coming season. There is much to be positive about--ie., the team play hard and seemingly played good defense. Turnovers were down. But there is also reason for caution. We shot poorly as we have in recent years. We will have to wait until the season starts this fall back in the US to get a better sense of how good IU will be.

5 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Brass Cannon said:  The rest of the world ain’t half bad at basketball

______

My point wasn't that international teams are not good. My point was that this particular team--given its very poor shooting and generally poor play (I have watched all available film)--did not seem to be a very good team in spite of the fact that it is a professional team. I'm not convinced this particular team provides much of an indication how good the IU team will be this coming season. There is much to be positive about--ie., the team play hard and seemingly played good defense. Turnovers were down. But there is also reason for caution. We shot poorly as we have in recent years. We will have to wait until the season starts this fall back in the US to get a better sense of how good IU will be.

Despite your personal observation they are still a pro team. They are a roster of people who are good enough to be paid to play basketball. Virtually no college can say that