Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread Part 2: IUBB vs BC Mega Boogaloo | 1:00PM *NOT TELEVISED*

Many people are saying that I had a lot to do with Friday's win over BC Mega.  But, I am way too humble. 

But, it was with my leadership, support and ability to score that IU men's basketball team went undefeated in '76-77...the year I graduated from IU-B and got married to my IU sweetheart.  I sure scored a lot that year.  Trying to keep it going this year to help the team...you know what I mean...nudge, nudge...

Tip of ole toupee to: TJD; Tamar; Race; Kopp; Jordan; Parker; Rob; Xavier; Landers; and crew and last but not least Coach Woodson.

Watched on Twt the videos of the first half as they were playing.  Thanks mucho for that.  But was difficult for me to see plays develop.  Laughed at the audio.  I wanted to study the PG situation...but really didn't get a grasp on it.

What I want to see: Rob Phin needs to hit shots...please oh mighty Gawd of the Basketball Games...please touch Rob and make him a can't miss shooter.   I want to see Landers excel.  I want to see more of Tamar...and him helping to lead the team.  May TJD always be a great player in all aspects...and may he be healthy...no fouls in the first game for TJD...really?  Nice!    Race hitting from 18 foot out and at least one 3 a game would be wonderful.  Assists, effective playmaking, rebounds, movement on offense...yes.  Gotta hit over 70% of the FTs.  

What do you fans think of the PGs?  

I did predict that IU would get 7 3's in the first game.  I thought it would take 2 more attempts than it did.  So I predict that IU will get 9 3's in todays game...in 21 attempts.   And FTs will improve.  Landers will see more PT.  As will Parker.  Jordan with all those offensive rebounds is a great glue guy.  

25 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

What I want to see: Rob Phin needs to hit shots...please oh mighty Gawd of the Basketball Games...please touch Rob and make him a can't miss shooter.   I want to see Landers excel.  I want to see more of Tamar...and him helping to lead the team.  May TJD always be a great player in all aspects...and may he be healthy...no fouls in the first game for TJD...really?  Nice!    Race hitting from 18 foot out and at least one 3 a game would be wonderful.  Assists, effective playmaking, rebounds, movement on offense...yes.  Gotta hit over 70% of the FTs.  

What do you fans think of the PGs?  

I have a similar wishlist; I might expand the Race shooting wish to include TJD.

As for the PGs, I have some thoughts:

1. I’d love to see a cleaner game from X to see what he can do without foul trouble.

2. I’d like to see at least one of them have a nice shooting game from the outside.

3. I’m curious if we’ll see any lineups with two of them at once. (Bates/Stew/Kopp/Galloway and eventually Leal mean IU probably doesn’t *have* to use lineups like that, but I’m curious about them — maybe against smaller teams than Mega).

4. I found it interesting that Bates handled some of those duties while playing alongside Rob. I think that can make some sense.

5. related to #4, I’m curious if we’ll see any lineups without one of X, Rob, or Lander…e.g. Bates/Stew plus whatever frontcourt, maybe including Kopp and/or Galloway for a little extra handling.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

@GeneralChadwick reports Leal in game attire today.  He'll also have a halftime recap on his Twitter and expects another post-game report as well.

He was on Assembly Call after Friday's game and got about every player and coach on sans Woodson and Fife. 

Matthew Byrne Twitter:  Anthony Leal can be seen warming up. However, it is unknown whether he is available to play today. Logan Duncomb is also dressed, but again, still unconfirmed about his availability. Michael Durr is currently not dressed and most likely won't be available to play today.

One of the recent articles (ITH maybe?) on Tamar, he mentioned that Woodson has him learning the ropes at PG. Somewhat surprising with X, Lander, and Rob. My guess is that Lander and Rob just don’t provide enough right now to occupy one of the five spots on the floor. 

I’ve read plenty about the size of Mega. 4-1 Motion is supposed to make them pay for that. Unless these 6’10” guys can really guard 1-5. Something clicked for us Friday if their bestish player had 3 points. Fast hands, long arms from a 6’6” guy can really shrink the court for them, and Woodson seems to want to play like that. 

I loved seeing the win, but this is an exhibition game. And so I’d expect to see more creative lineups and more time for the guys at the end of the bench. More emphasis on running the offense as designed (I have no idea if this happened Friday). And frankly some feisty coaches trying to prepare this team to win when the games count. My hope is that the guys carry the same energy on defense and we get some great fast break highlights. 

The player I’ll be watching is Parker Stewart. I don’t think we have a good feel for what he’s going to be. 

Edited by Stromboli
Add the video from Clif

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Although they participated in pre-game warm-ups neither Duncomb nor Leal are dressed for the actual game.

Bummer...