Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: IUBB vs BC Mega | 7:30PM *NOT TELEVISED*

Hoosiers played aggressively on both ends to beat a professional team. 7-18 from 3-point range; Miller Kopp was 3 for 4. Free throw shooting at 12 for 20 is still underwhelming. Tamar Bates was 5-8 from the field (1-2 from 3) and 3-4 from the line in 18 minutes. Race Thompson with 8 points and 5 rebounds was solid in 23 minutes of play. TJD was where he needs to be--21 points and 9 rebounds. Kristin Lander was 2-3 from the field in just 7 minutes of play while Rob Phinisee was 1-6 from the field, 2-2 from the line in 12 minutes. Hopefully they can repeat the effort and outcome on Sunday.

Back in here for the start of the season, and I have to say after watching the highlights on ITH and a general perusing of social media I am most happy for the players. They seem after a very small sample size to be enjoying basketball and each other again. I hated how miserable they looked under AM. Further, the improvement in ball movement and hitting open shots, while again small sample size, is really encouraging. It is fun to be excited for the season again. Go IU.

Saw one comment that TJD hit a 3 but then I did not see that in the box score. Anyone know if he shot anything from further away? Don’t really care if he made them just curious if his points came like last year

I also thought one of the reporters ask Woody about our defense picking them up either full or half court. Woody just remarked that defense is a priority but I was more curious in our approach. Anyone know if our defense extended out perhaps even full court some?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I believe in this team!

Doesn’t really matter who starts other than TJD and that’s a great problem to have. Kopp and Bates are for real. They will both play a ton. We look so much more comfortable on the court . The potential is there to have a special season, which should get the ball rolling for recruiting more TJD and Bates type players. I haven’t been this excited in a long time and I tend to be more glass half empty guy.

I'm most excited about Bates and Kopp. I think Kopp is going to flourish this year.

Seems like a good starting 5 with capable backups. Having Durr to battle the B1G bigs will be critical. Lander seems to be fighting for 8-9 spot which is really something.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seems like a good starting 5 with capable backups. Having Durr to battle the B1G bigs will be critical. Lander seems to be fighting for 8-9 spot which is really something.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The last several years we have had rosters made up mostly of role players starting and playing the majority of minutes.

Now we have options!

5 hours ago, Southside said:

So just looked up BC Mega... On their last Bahamas trip, they split with Texas Tech, who was highly rated that year. 

Hmmmm. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's enjoy this win for sure. For the 1st game that 3 of the 5 starters are new to the team, we did play well. But tomorrow's game may be a whole different outcome. (I sure hope not, but I'm not ready (yet) to put us in the top 10)

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's enjoy this win for sure. For the 1st game that 3 of the 5 starters are new to the team, we did play well. But tomorrow's game may be a whole different outcome. (I sure hope not, but I'm not ready (yet) to put us in the top 10)

not getting ahead of anything. 

i just had no idea who that team was and thought they were some doormat

found it interesting that they beat TT last trip, and TT was a top 5 team.