Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

RB Transfer Sampson James to Purdue

50 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So seems like with the new transfer rules it would be wise to transition playbooks to a digital platform that the kids lose access to when they are in the portal or after officially transferring 

Can't be harm in doing that. Won't stop a motivated transferee from printing the thing the day before they walk out the door though.

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Can't be harm in doing that. Won't stop a motivated transferee from printing the thing the day before they walk out the door though.

True.  I would put it on a tablet that can’t connect to a printer myself but nothing stopping them from taking pictures I suppose.  

Still super shady of Purdue.  Not surprised in the least though. Brohm is getting desperate 

There are ways to leverage technology to control who is capable of printing. Any idea if NDAs could be forced on players in a situation like this? A little bit more up your ally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

There are ways to leverage technology to control who is capable of printing. Any idea if NDAs could be forced on players in a situation like this? A little bit more up your ally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My first blush is that they could be, but it would be a major recruiting joy kill, and the attempted civil penalty enforcement of a violation of an NDA would be the ultimate negative recruiting publicity event.

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My first blush is that they could be, but it would be a major recruiting joy kill, and the attempted civil penalty enforcement of a violation of an NDA would be the ultimate negative recruiting publicity event.

Sampson needs IU to sign off or he has to sit this year….if this is true, he better be sitting 

9 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Sampson needs IU to sign off or he has to sit this year….if this is true, he better be sitting 

Not sure that's how it works. More to do with the NCAA evaluating the situation which is a joke these days rather than IU. I'd be shocked if he's not eligible. 

Last game of the season against your biggest rival, likely with bowl placement on the line, who are you taking? The one guy in the backfield who used to play for the other side, or the 11 guys on the other side of the ball looking at a guy in the backfield they know bolted for their biggest rival and tried to undermine them by taking the playbook with him?

6 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Not sure that's how it works. More to do with the NCAA evaluating the situation which is a joke these days rather than IU. I'd be shocked if he's not eligible. 

I was told he transferred too late to qualify for instant eligibility so he needs an NCAA waiver, and the only way to get it is with IU’s sign off. I don’t have a way to confirm that though 

46 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I was told he transferred too late to qualify for instant eligibility so he needs an NCAA waiver, and the only way to get it is with IU’s sign off. I don’t have a way to confirm that though 

He definitely missed the transfer deadline and needs an NCAA waiver. Idk if IU has to sign off on it though. 

If IU has to sign off and doesn’t it will create a recruiting mess. 
Regardless of the playbook situation (if there even is one), it would absolutely be used against them. 

15 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Regardless of the playbook situation (if there even is one), it would absolutely be used against them. 

If that's true, the best case would be for the NCAA to decline his waiver and make him sit -- as it should IMO. That way, we could wash our hands of it and say it wasn't our decision. 

12 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If that's true, the best case would be for the NCAA to decline his waiver and make him sit -- as it should IMO. That way, we could wash our hands of it and say it wasn't our decision. 

Man Lamar, you ought to get a gig as a stand-up comedian.  The NCAA delining a waiver is about the funniest thing I've heard this year.  As Jon Rothstein likes to say:  "The NCAA continues to hand out waivers like they're seedless watermelon at a 4th of July Party."

On 8/17/2021 at 3:03 PM, BeerBQ said:

I'm fine with that, in fact I would double down on it. "We are a family at IU, we LEO and protect each other. If you decide not to remain part of that, fine. But don't try to screw the rest of us." 

I'd spotlight what James did (if true.) Anyone not understanding that its despicable is a d-bag too

10 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

No clue if Sampson was cleared to play but if he was, he’s clearly RB4 at Purdue. Meanwhile we’re playing walk ons in key situations 

Im not sure that we had a “key situation” today.