Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - William Jobe to Rollins College

Busy day with '24 offers.  6'9" William Jobe attends Frederica Academy in St. Simons Island, GA.  Played AAU for Team Dickerson 15U on the Indie circuit.  This is Noah Clowney's AAU affiliation as well.

Haven't found a whole lot of info on him.

OnTheRadarHoops from last October -- We had an opportunity to see Jobe last year on our middle school circuit, OTR Battleground. Jobe continues to get better each time we see him.  This 6-foot-7 forward is mobile with good hands and feet. He has a soft shooting touch facing the basket and he can score around the basket with either hand.  He can put the ball on the floor a couple of times and also seems to have a passing instinct as well.

Rivals

Hudl

More on Jobe from TheDailyHoosier.  His grandfather played high school ball in Indiana for Milton High School in Wayne Co.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-class-of-2024-forward-william-jobe/?fbclid=IwAR3joAxy4oxlIYDW-VLqc6DclHSiATmwXZYduzzmDXnHvSCIfVPjFyjzttc

Jobe has received an invititation to Coach Wootten's Top 150 Camp set for Oct. 2 and 3.

The top 100 seniors, top 50 juniors, and a handful of the top sophomores for both the boys and the girls at the same location for 2 days of competition in Dallas! The invite-only event will be the first time when the top 150 will come together in one location for 2 days of skill work and game to prove themselves.

4 hours ago, The RUN DMCer said:

Jobe is #203 in white (CP3 Rising Stars Camp); Start at 5:50. Looks like they rotate every 5 minutes.

Man, not an indictment on Jobe, but I started watching at 5:50 and stopped watching at 9:15.  That is terrible basketball right there...no pass chuck stuff....yuck

On 9/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, The RUN DMCer said:

Understood. That is what happens at showcase tournaments.

The young man has Hoosier in his DNA. No doubt he has been taught fundamental, intelligent basketball.

Add in that he’s a top 100, 6’9” ambidextrous sophomore with some guard skills? Wow—seems like he’s a great young guy to pay close attention to.

Seems overwhelmingly likely he’ll be on our campus in the future with his family.

I hope.

Jobe is in Texas this weekend for the Wooten Top 150 Camp which features the nation's top 100 seniors, top 50 juniors and a handful of top sophomores so Jobe's invitation to the camp as a sophomore is very significant.   Also attending the camp is '22 Kaleb Banks and '23 Austin Parks.

Comment following an Elite Preview Camp 

As soon as he walked into the gym, a lot of eyes immediately went on him. Standing tall at 6-foot-9, Jobe is a high-major prospect, already holding offers from Auburn, Florida, and Indiana. His mobility for his size allows him to step out and extend the floor on offense and defend out on the perimeter. He has such potential to his game; only a sophomore, his skill on the low block will continue to improve. - Brianna Patton

A 57 second video is nothing upon which to make judgement or pronouncements...and I stand by our coaching staff here.  But that young man needs to eat and eat and eat some more.  As a freshman, I saw him listed as 6'8" and 165 lbs.  Now he's a sophomore and 6'9" and 170 lbs...man, he's thin.  Plenty of time to fill out, so I'm leaving it at that.  Going to see if I can find more video of him.  

Edited by rayl456

7 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

A 57 second video is nothing upon which to make judgement or pronouncements...and I stand by our coaching staff here.  But that young man needs to eat and eat and eat some more.  As a freshman, I saw him listed as 6'8" and 165 lbs.  Now he's a sophomore and 6'9" and I couldn't find a weight...but he's thin.  Plenty of time to fill out, so I'm leaving it at that.  Going to see if I can find more video of him.

He is Rayl thin but not sure why that matters

9 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

A 57 second video is nothing upon which to make judgement or pronouncements...and I stand by our coaching staff here.  But that young man needs to eat and eat and eat some more.  As a freshman, I saw him listed as 6'8" and 165 lbs.  Now he's a sophomore and 6'9" and 170 lbs...man, he's thin.  Plenty of time to fill out, so I'm leaving it at that.  Going to see if I can find more video of him.  

By the time he gets to IU he would be about 6’11”, 200 lbs, with a jump shot.

Cliff Marshall will put another 20 lbs on that in no time.

Man o man, the Costco bills for the Jobe house!

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

He is Rayl thin but not sure why that matters

It won't matter if he continues to develop his game.  But it would, imo, help him if he can add some muscle, which probably will happen.  As I said, jmho.    :)