Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

From an Iowa website

Peoria (Ill.) Notre Dame 2024 four-star forward Cooper Koch is now one of the most sought-after sophomore prospects in the midwest. Koch is being recruited heavily by the likes of Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Purdue, among others, while more schools are sure to show interest in the future.

On Wednesday, 247Sports released its initial rankings for the class of 2024, and Koch came in at No. 50 overall. Koch is also tabbed as the No. 8 small forward and No. 4 prospect from the state of Illinois in his class.

Koch is the son of former Iowa forward J.R. Koch and the Hawkeyes were the first high-major offer for Koch last spring. Koch has been to Iowa City three times in the last year, including a recent game day visit to see Iowa basketball in action.

“There is no one through five positions," Koch said previously of Iowa's system, which he feels would be a strong fit for him. "Everybody has the freedom to do whatever they want. So guys like me, Keegan, Patrick, and Kris can play out on the perimeter or in the post anytime we feel like it.”

“It’s exciting to watch. I think I’m best when I start inside and work my way out. I’m able to pick apart a defense like that.”

This winter, Koch has taken gameday visits to Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. He's also expected to see Indiana and Purdue in the near future. Those are the five schools he's focused on right now.

247Sports' Eric Bossi has seen Koch play multiple times this year and continues to be high on what he brings to the table.

"As for Koch, we’ve seen him before and know that he can shoot the ball and has some versatility as a big wing or a combo forward," wrote Bossi. "He’s also proven to be a tough competitor and slick passer."

Peoria Notre Dame head coach Tom Lacher believes Koch is still growing and that he expects Koch to only get better.

“His game, I would say, is more cerebral than flashy," Lacher explained. "He’s very skilled. He’s not super physical, but he plays physical. He’s not afraid to bang downlow. He can get things done in space, he can create his own, and he’s a really good passer. He can do it all. He’s one of those young men you look at and think that positionless basketball is perfect for him. You don’t want to define them. He’s going to be 6-foot-10 or something like that. He’s a really good ballhandler, he’s a really good passer, he’s very unselfish, he can score inside, he can score off the bounce, he can score on a catch and shoot. At his age, he’s as complete of a basketball player that I’ve seen.”

Koch's season ended last night with a double OT 36-33 loss to Peoria Manual.   Koch 9p in the loss.  Peoria Notre Dame finishes its season 22-7.

It's been extremely difficult to try to keep track of game stats for Koch.  PND doesn't report stats to MaxPreps and the Peoria Journal is worthless.  So despite the fact he's played 29 games all I have is the following:

• 16 games:  16.7 ppg
  • 14 games:  5.23 rpg
  • 13 games:  2.0 assists
  • 13 games:  2.2 steals
  • 13 games:  .8 blocks
  • 12 games:  1.7 TOs

Plans to decide in the fall.  He says that the school recruiting him the hardest right now are: Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Indiana.

Odds are pretty long but we are still hangin' in there.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/koch-eyes-fall-decision?fbclid=IwAR28DJW2jcLeGXKrUVDqEgeuclkA_zNlsIO3UOVNGget_-Kn6WD7gjJnoYs