Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2021 IUBB Bahamas Trip

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Duncomb is not going to play a lot at any time this year so nothing big here. This gives the staff a chance to really see Gerinomo and Kopp at the 4 for long periods of time. 

Might be time to redshirt Duncomb to save a year of eligibility for him. I can't remember is basketball similar to football where they can play a certain amount but still retain their redshirt year?

8 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Might be time to redshirt Duncomb to save a year of eligibility for him. I can't remember is basketball similar to football where they can play a certain amount but still retain their redshirt year?

I believe basketball is still like it used to be where to qualify for a redshirt you can't play in any games. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Pretty sure exhibitions like this do not affect the ability to redshirt 

Doesn't matter if they're not going to play this weekend. But you are correct exhibitions don't count against a redshirt

On 8/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I had to read the Daily Hoosier article twice to determine whether there was a typo.  There wasn't.  It is Nikola Jokic and Nikola Jovic.

23 minutes ago, ray said:

I had to read the Daily Hoosier article twice to determine whether there was a typo.  There wasn't.  It is Nikola Jokic and Nikola Jovic.

Jovic is supposed to be really good so he should present a good test for the team. His highlights are pretty impressive. 

Here's some highlights if anyone wants to see what IU is going up against.

Looks like they play some version of the 4-out, 1-in as well. And fast paced too. Would be a good couple of games to watch...oh wait...IU didn't make any TV/streaming arrangements. :103:

According to ITH Durr & Duncomb will not be playing in the Bahamas.  No further information was provided.  Back to the Future: TJD, Race, and Kopp?  I am starting on my Old Grandad 114 a little early. 

I do understand why this exhibition game is not going to be televised or streamed.  It really is a green coaching debut for CMW and for the 4:1. If I were the coach, I sure wouldn't want anyone to see these games...the honeymoon would be over too soon.

Let's bet on how many 3's are shot and how many are made by this crew.  I guess 22 are attempted and 7 are made.  I need to take a shot. Put me in coach...I'm ready to play, today!

Tom Brew posted on SI today about Hoosiers swimming with the dolphins yesterday. A video was supposedly in the article, but my computer could not get it. Anyone else have a link to that video? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Looks like they play some version of the 4-out, 1-in as well. And fast paced too. Would be a good couple of games to watch...oh wait...IU didn't make any TV/streaming arrangements. :103:

Pretty sure IU can’t, within the rules, make any TV/streaming arrangements FWIW. 

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I believe basketball is still like it used to be where to qualify for a redshirt you can't play in any games. 

That’s correct. I find it rather bizarre that a football player can play 1/3 of the season and redshirt while a basketball player can’t even play 5 seconds. Don’t understand the inconsistency. 

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Is a medical redshirt different rules? Didn't Bohanon at Iowa play like 10 games a couple seasons ago before deciding to have back surgery? I thought I remember there being talk of him having to decide after a certain game if he was going to keep playing or take the redshirt.