Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

College Conference/Football Expansion

7 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Heresy! I grew up listening to Gus doing Knicks games on the radio before he became the meme machine he's been made out to be. I'll take someone who seems to care over most of these guys that prefer other sports but call football solely cuz it pays the bills.

Gus gets a big thumbs up from me for frequently calling Assembly Hall the Carnegie Hall of basketball. Maybe I’m easy but that’s all it takes:)

With NIL, Transfer portal and now more realignment, I don't think anyone knows where this ends up. 

I hate the super-conference idea. Seems like there is a feeling that putting all the "good" teams together will lead to athletic nirvana. Problem is someone has to lose games. Will Texas keep raking it in after a few 7-5 seasons in the SEC Far West quadrant 4.4c division?  I wonder. 

17 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

With NIL, Transfer portal and now more realignment, I don't think anyone knows where this ends up. 

I hate the super-conference idea. Seems like there is a feeling that putting all the "good" teams together will lead to athletic nirvana. Problem is someone has to lose games. Will Texas keep raking it in after a few 7-5 seasons in the SEC Far West quadrant 4.4c division?  I wonder. 

Unless something changes I’m going to be shocked if Texas can consistently win 7 games in the sec 

23 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Unless something changes I’m going to be shocked if Texas can consistently win 7 games in the sec 

It will be interesting to see how the SEC does/changes their divisions.  And if they increase the # of conference games.

We need Notre Dame. They only get $15 million a year from NBC. The way revenues are going they could triple or quadruple that in the B10. My second choice would be Brigham Young. They have a national following, albeit much smaller than Notre Dame. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kansas and Notre Dame.... Go!

I'd prefer the B1G shrink as opposed to grow, but that's just spitting in the wind at this point. So, yes of the reasonable options, I think those 2 make the most sense. Midwestern, traditionally elite (if dirty- KU) programs. Good academics- at least ND, not sure about KU. 

I think ND needs us more than we need them, though I doubt they see it that way. 

Was interesting that both Clemson & FSU denied any contact with the $EC. I still haven't heard a good explanation of why a "super conference" is a good idea for anyone. Not sure how cramming 20+ teams in the same "conference" magically means more money. I'm probably too dumb to see it, but how does losing more games help? Or having a "conference foe" you only play every 2 out of 6 years? Anyone understand that?