Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

College Conference/Football Expansion

Geographically I could see:

Pod A: Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St., Team 1 (East)

Pod B: Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern

Pod C: Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St., Team 2 (Central)

Pod D: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska

With potential teams for

Pod A being Villanova, U-Conn, Boston College

Pod C being Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Louisville

I would personally like to see the Big ten swallow up a lot of the BIG 12 teams if this happened. Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, etc.

I would also like to kick Rutgers to the curb. No matter how competitive they are, they are still Rutgers. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I would personally like to see the Big ten swallow up a lot of the BIG 12 teams if this happened. Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, etc.

I would also like to kick Rutgers to the curb. No matter how competitive they are, they are still Rutgers. 

So lets expand on that, and kick Rutgers, Maryland, and Penn State (Let them go to the ACC along the East Cost) and just get out of the East all together, so that leaves 5 spots to fill to get to 16, all which can be done from the Big12.  Let the Texas Teams (Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech) go where they go, and Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC as proposed in the beginning.  That leaves Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas St, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia.

Pod A: Michigan, Ohio St., Michigan St., West Virginia

Pod C: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State

Pod D: Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Kansas State

Winners from each division play in a 2 round playoff for the Big Ten Championship, seeding 1-4 determined by overall record and conference records.

Add Kansas and Oklahoma St to make these 4 pods.
A - Kansas, Oklahoma St, Nebraska, Iowa
B - Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern
C - IU, Purdue, Penn St, Michigan St
D - Ohio St, Michigan, Rutgers, Maryland

I'd love to axe Rutgers and replace with a Notre Dame but that albatross known as the NBC contract won't let that happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

So lets expand on that, and kick Rutgers, Maryland, and Penn State (Let them go to the ACC along the East Cost) and just get out of the East all together, so that leaves 5 spots to fill to get to 16, all which can be done from the Big12.  Let the Texas Teams (Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech) go where they go, and Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC as proposed in the beginning.  That leaves Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas St, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia.

Pod A: Michigan, Ohio St., Michigan St., West Virginia

Pod C: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State

Pod D: Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Kansas State

Winners from each division play in a 2 round playoff for the Big Ten Championship, seeding 1-4 determined by overall record and conference records.

I don't think 16 teams is workable, but I do like the idea of shedding the Eastern teams and keeping the conference Midwestern. I don't give a shizzle about being "national". You can tell Delaney I said he's a jackass. 

11 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

If the Texas/Oklahoma thing happens Ohio St will be next

You think Ohio State would jump to the SEC? Why would they? They already dominate the conference they are in giving them a chance to compete for a national title every year. Something that wouldn't at all be a given if they moved to the SEC. They wouldn't get more revenue moving to the SEC. I just don't see anything positive for them to move. 

I'm not clear on what Texas & OU think they'll get from the SEC over the Big 12? They dominate the conference and have a seat at the national table. Jumping into the SEC will get them demoted to the kid's table, imo. Think Bama, Florida & LSU will put up with UT's arrogant BS? I suppose there is more money to be made....but enjoy those 7-5 season's and road-trips to South Carolina, Longhorns!

2 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

You think Ohio State would jump to the SEC? Why would they? They already dominate the conference they are in giving them a chance to compete for a national title every year. Something that wouldn't at all be a given if they moved to the SEC. They wouldn't get more revenue moving to the SEC. I just don't see anything positive for them to move. 

Not necessarily the SEC. Depends on where Texas and Oklahoma end up. Could be ACC. This will end with 2 super conferences based on football.

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Not necessarily the SEC. Depends on where Texas and Oklahoma end up. Could be ACC. This will end with 2 super conferences based on football.

If it ends up with 2 super conferences there is no way the ACC survives over the Big Ten. The Big Ten generates more revenue than any conference. 

In my opinion, NIL is playing a factor here.  If everything stays status quo I foresee major conference break ups in all sports.  Something like The "we pretty much know one of these teams is going to win it all and you can make a lot of money" playing in this conference.

Like a 12 Team Football Conference might look something like this.
Alabama
Notre Dame
USC
OSU
Michigan
Oklahoma
Clemson
LSU
Texas
Tennessee
Nebraska
Miami (FL)

And a Basketball Conference might look something like this
UCLA
Kentucky
UNC
Duke
Indiana
Kansas

Called Blue Blood Conference or something.  And NIL will be the driving force to it all.