Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Is this kid good? It looks like he’s unbanked on 24/7 but his offer list isn’t that of an unranked  kid. 

Ranked 141 on rivals. 247 has him two inches ago—had an excellent AAU summer—will be ranked on all services soon. 

Coach’s son. Starting PG on Ohio state champ as a sophomore. 
Yes…he is good. The whole B1G + national high academic schools want him.

This would be fantastic news if he pulled the trigger.

You guys will like this. From Brooks Cupps’ book on leadership:

• Gabe Cupps (Brook’s son) entered the conversation for a few minutes…
    • Gabe sent a text to each player on the team before tournament games that simply said, “We’re gonna win.”
    • Where does that confidence come from? “It’s the work put in leading up to the big moments.”
    • Gabe originally tried out for the North Coast Blue Chips AAU team… The same team that Bronny James (LeBron James Jr) played on… During a break in the action, he asked Bronny to play 1 on 1… “I didn’t know how good I was. I wanted to see.”
    • Gabe earned their respect and made the team… Later LeBron noticed Brook’s coaching ability when he was helping out at practice and determined he was the best coach to lead the team moving forward.
    • LeBron’s superpower as a leader is “gassing up his guys.” He has the ability to create more belief in others through his belief in them. A critical leadership action where LeBron excels…
  • What did Brook and Gabe say to each other during their long embrace after winning the state championship? “I just told him how much I loved him.”

https://learningleader.com/bc/

Cupps and his Centerville teammates will participate in the 2022 Flyin' To The Hoop event scheduled for Jan. 14-17,  in Kettering, OH.  Full schedule and list of other notable players who will participate can be found at the link below.

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/high-school/centerville-among-six-state-champions-in-2022-flyin-to-the-hoop-field/AQ6IAILCURDCPGJ2C2Y3BO44XU/

On 10/15/2021 at 7:54 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I love this answer, when asked what piques his interest in Indiana and talking about Woodson and his staff.  I will admit, though, all his answers seem sincere and far from shallow.

"I think his purpose of bringing Indiana basketball back on top is one of a kind. It can’t be replicated anywhere else in the country. I just think that’s super intriguing to me.”