Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

Class of 2023 Centerville (OH) and Midwest Basketball Club guard Gabe Cupps will play in the Geico Summer Series at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, July 26 on ESPN.  Looks like Koa Peat and Andrej Stojakovic (Compton Magic) game will be televised at 7:00

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/07/26/class-of-2023-indiana-commit-gabe-cupps-to-play-in-nationally-televised-event-on-tuesday-night/?fbclid=IwAR2LUMnXhCDIiL3dSwx97KHsmMqKgXqmgFwR380ohElxnEXgG3Np-wJOV94

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’ve been watching. Damn

Playing against a bunch of D1 talent and three 5*, and is directly matched up against top 5 UK guard recruit Dillingham. Gabe Cupps is completely outplaying Dillingham in every way.

Gabe Cupps is a fantastic, intuitive basketball player. He plays angles, always plays really hard, is always in position to help defensively, always has his eyes up, doesn’t ever try to do too much or make  a difficult play when an easy one is available, and is appreciated like crazy by his teammates.

Damn

His comp? Tyus Jones from Duke, maybe Michael Lewis. 

He looked very smooth and decisive to me. I was surprised by how quickly he saw the best pass and immediately executed it. If he continues to improve over the next year, we are going to be very happy we have him.

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

He looked very smooth and decisive to me. I was surprised by how quickly he saw the best pass and immediately executed it. If he continues to improve over the next year, we are going to be very happy we have him.

He’s not going to put up gaudy numbers, but he’s one of those guys that’s the leader of the team that wins.

Love Reed Sheppard too.