Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

17 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I’m going to assume they just failed to count up the fouls, just as they forgot to add up his minutes played. I can’t imagine Cupps went all season without committing a single foul. 

GREAT

50% fg; 44% 3pt fg; 85% ft

EXCELLENT

Nearly 7-1 assist to turnover ratio

Ohio Mr. Basketball will be announced Wednesday.

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Division I and II boys basketball All-Ohio teams were announced Tuesday by the Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association.

The Division III and IV All-Ohio teams were announced Monday. The Ohio Mr. Basketball Award will be announced Wednesday at 11:15 a.m.

2022 Division I Boys Basketball All-Ohio Teams

Players of the Year: Sean Jones, Gahanna Lincoln; Gabe Cupps, Centerville

Coach of the Year: Brook Cupps, Centerville

First Team

Gabe Cupps, Centerville, 6-2, jr., 14.2 (points per game); Tom House, Centerville, 6-7, sr., 15.3; Rich Rolf, Centerville, 6-7, sr., 17.4; Evan Mahaffey, Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller, 6-6, sr., 16.0; Elmore James IV, Lyndhurst Brush, 6-2, sr., 24.2; Michael Bova, Lakewood St. Edward, 6-2, sr., 19.4; Drey Carter, Westerville South, 6-8, sr., 17.8; Sean Jones, Gahanna Lincoln, 5-10, sr., 21.0; Devin Royal, Pickerington Central, 6-6, jr., 19.6; Sean Craig, Sylvania Northview, 6-7, sr., 28.2; Zack Oddo, Green, 6-6, sr., 16.3.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Gabe Cupps, Centerville, 6-2, jr., 14.2 (points per game); Tom House, Centerville, 6-7, sr., 15.3; Rich Rolf, Centerville, 6-7, sr., 17.4

I’ll be curious to see how scoring is distributed at Centerville next year

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Midrange off the bounce. Three's off the bounce. Crafty finishes at the rim. 

Been a long while since we have had all of that. 

I had different happy takeaways:

• Back cuts
  • Change of pace on the bounce
  • Shooting form
  • Creating space, including against bigs
  • Eyes always up