Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

Gabe Cupps @CuppsGabe

Thank you to Coach Woodson and his staff for the offer to Indiana University!!

Cupps is a 6'2" PG attending Centerville HS in Centerville, OH located near Dayton.  He was unranked in the most recent 247, Rivals and ESPN rankings.  Prep Hoops ranked him #193 at the end of June.  He plays AAU for Midwest Basketball Club on the Adidas circuit 

Rivals

Hudl

May '21:  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2023-names-to-know-ohio-point-guard-gabe-cupps/

April '21:  https://247sports.com/Article/Gabe-Cupps-basketball-recruitment-Indiana-Kansas-Clemson-164859062/

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Found his stats for his high school season.  Over 29 games as a sophomore he averaged 4.9 assists/game and just 1.1 turnovers/game.  That's a pretty good point guard.  He averaged 15.2 ppg on 49% shooting; 35% on 3s and 82% FT.

http://www.gwocsports.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=587128

Plays AAU ball with Reed Sheppard who is also a 2023 target for Indiana. 

Samad Hines  -  2023 PG Gabe Cupps (@CuppsGabe) just dropped 27 points (10-14 FG 3-4 from 3) in a win this afternoon in Alabama.  His feel, pace, decision making, floor awareness, and shot making abilities were all on display. Very confused on why he is not nationally ranked

I’m not really sure what to make of this kid. I’ve been watching his Overtime series/AAU footage and generally find myself thinking nothing about him strikes me as a high major D1 player. Then you watch videos like his open run at Xavier and it’s like “ok, I can see it.” 

That said, he definitely has a motor and was clearly the leader of a state championship winning team as a sophomore. You also have to like the fact that he left Bronny James’ AAU team to prove himself. Downside is he appears to have a relationship with Lebron and you know Lebron will be pushing OSU if this kid jumps in the ranking and OSU offers.

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He reminds me of a taller Braden Smith. Going to be hard to get him away from ODU but who knows. Win some games this year and see what happens.

Man, now we’re losing recruiting battles to old dominion? ;)

Brandon Jenkins of 247 on Cupps

https://247sports.com/Article/Gabe-Cupps-Big-Ten-Clemson-Michigan-Ohio-State-Indiana-Basketball-Recruiting-169942924/

Indiana: "Brian Walsh has been talking to me the most but Mike Woodson texts and calls me every so often. I took a visit over there with my teammate Reed Sheppard last month. I like how they are a basketball school and I love the people who are around it. Brian Walsh has done a great job of recruiting me and has been on me for a while. I really take notice of how long he has been recruiting me and how much effort he has put in. I also really like how Coach Woodson operates and how he talks to me. He comes across as a humble, yet confident guy who wants to bring Indiana basketball back. I think that is a cool thing they have to offer."

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is his 2nd unofficial visit to IU.  To spend their own money for not only a first but a second visit says something, I wouldn't be shocked to see him use an official visit and us be a top contender for this kid when it's all said and done.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

The fact that Cupps is visiting again today for HH is very interesting. That’ll make it 3 times he’s been on campus recently.

Does anyone have a list of recruits coming today? Obviously Cupps and JHS