Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gnet550

(2023) F/C Austin Parks to Ohio State

57 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Are we prioritizing Parks over Booker at this point? 

2 different types of players.   While both are centers.  Parks is your traditional back to back basket B1G man.   Booker is the new big that can stretch the floor.   I don’t necessarily think one impact the other in recruiting  

27 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

2 different types of players.   While both are centers.  Parks is your traditional back to back basket B1G man.   Booker is the new big that can stretch the floor.   I don’t necessarily think one impact the other in recruiting  

For me it is very little about playing style. It is about attitude.

Parks fits with JHS, Cupps, Gunn, Banks, and Newton 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Since Booker has blown off TWO visits to Bloomington?

I would hope so.

Austin Parks + Kwame Evans + Gabe Cupps + Jakai Newton = complete success in 2023

That would be a great class. And if Parks does commit, a kid like Evans becomes incredibly important. 

Osu forums seem pretty confident about him but they also did for cupps. Wonder if they know each other. Also osu and Iu have glaring spots for bigs so i can see it being either of us. Evans seems like a long shot but i still think theres a smidge of a chance. Our visits + woody + JHS is alot for evans to consider. 

Last night St. Mary's (5-5) was beaten by Ottawa Glandorf (8-0) 43-32.  St. Mary's led 24-20 at the half but could only score 8  more points.  It is not a good team and only averages 49 ppg.  Very turnover prone due to sloppy passes that often lead to uncontested layups for its opponent.  In addition, outside shooting is poor.    Parks finished with 9 pts. on 3-6 FG; 3-6 FT; 5 reb; 5 asst; 0 stl; 1 blk; 3 TO.  Parks is usually double teamed and has often tried to force his way through defenders.  In tonight's game, he did a very good job of passing out of the double team to an open teammate who just couldn't make the open shot.

You can watch this game and several other of this season's games at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99MvN8lMQ32pe3ozi_k5iA/videos?app=desktop

Rough weekend for the Saint Mary's Roughriders (5-6).   Friday night lost to Ottawa Glandorf (8-0) 43-32 and Saturday lost to Dublin Jerome (9-1) 58-38.  Unfortunately, it's Parks and 4 other random players and it would be interesting to see what he could do if he had a decent supporting cast.  In this latest game he finished with 16 pts. on 2-7 FG; 12-15 FT; 8 reb; 3 asst; 0 stl; 4 blk; 2 TO.  Dublin played him very physically as evidenced by his 15 FT attempts but he never exhibited any frustration or upset.  Thought he again did a good job of passing out of the low post to open teammates but there just aren't any scorers on the floor with him.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm not a tweeter, but this can't be a bad sign, can it? 

PArks.JPG

Whaaaaa?

Yeah…that is still his actual front page. And it’s been an hour or two, so it’s not his buddies hacking in.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Based on what? Brunk was higher rated out of HS and a bigger, taller recruit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Not really sure what they have in common.

Parks is supposed to be built like a football player and a relentless bruiser.

He’s shorter than Brunk, just as heavy at age 16 as Brunk is now.

Maybe Zed Key, Harrar as eventual comparisons.

Not really sure what they have in common.
Parks is supposed to be built like a football player and a relentless bruiser.
He’s shorter than Brunk, just as heavy at age 16 as Brunk is now.
Maybe Zed Key, Harrar as eventual comparisons.

I’ve watched games. I’ve seen Brunk a lot. It’s a fair comp in every respect. Parks MIGHT have a little more bounce.

Isn’t Brunk taller and with clever post moves?
Not sure that’s Parks

As a recruit Brunk was listed as 6’9” now 6’11”. A short wingspan 6’11”. Brunk has learned “clever” post moves because his size and length can’t go over the Top of B1G defenders. Parks is listed at 6’9 or 6’10. Build is similar as well.

Parks plays much like Brunk did as a high schooler.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing. Parks says he’s working on his shooting. But he plays in high school like Brunk did. Not an explosive athlete, similar strengths and weaknesses. Like I say, Parks seems a little bouncier. Not a speed guy like Zeller or TJD. Not a Caleb Furst who plays all over the court and handles.