Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gnet550

(2023) F/C Austin Parks to Ohio State

Ohio State if they want him. Without a doubt.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

For sure. He doesn’t worry me, and I’m not upset about “missing” him. I’m hoping our bigs are more athletic going forward.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For sure. He doesn’t worry me, and I’m not upset about “missing” him. I’m hoping our bigs are more athletic going forward.

Definitely agree with  that however the B1G as a conference in the way they call games basically force teams to recruit to a have a banger inside which is kind of sad.   A team can try to break away from that but would be very risky to an extent.   

I like Parks. Would have been fine with taking him. But I love rim protectors and that’s not part of his game. So not losing sleep over it. The staff needs to go find the next Walker Kessler. What that kid’s done to Auburn’s D is unbelievable. 

Purely FWIW, a post-commitment story from Travis Branham.

The 6-foot-9, 240-pound big man out of Saint Mary's (Ohio) Memorial committed to the Buckeyes over his other two finalists - Indiana and West Virginia.

"All of these schools that I have talked to have been great. It was a real decision between Ohio State and Indiana and I had to look at all the factors but my whole family has always been Ohio State fans," he said of why he chose Ohio State. "It's about an hour-and-a-half down the road from me and it's just really convenient for me and my family with the way my mom works and my dad's health condition so it just works out best for everybody."

Staying home and playing in Columbus wasn't the only reason why Parks chose the Buckeyes as the Ohio State coaching staff has made him a clear priority throughout his junior season.

"I've had a good relationship with all of these coaches but they made me feel like a priority," he said of his relationship with the coaching staff. "Coach [Chris] Holtmann has been to my games a few different times and he's made it clear that no other head coach has come out and saw me the way he has. He was at my first game this season, my recruiters coach [Jake] Diebler and coach [Ryan] Pedon keep in contact on a daily basis, seeing how I am doing, asking me if I ever need anything and said they will always be there if I need something. They're like family."

26 minutes ago, Demo said:

I like Parks. Would have been fine with taking him. But I love rim protectors and that’s not part of his game. So not losing sleep over it. The staff needs to go find the next Walker Kessler. What that kid’s done to Auburn’s D is unbelievable. 

Roy had that kid on the roster and played him 9 min a game last year.  Lol 

42 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Definitely agree with  that however the B1G as a conference in the way they call games basically force teams to recruit to a have a banger inside which is kind of sad.   A team can try to break away from that but would be very risky to an extent.   

Completely agree.  In the eyes of B1G officiating the smaller guy commits the foul by default, when two posts players get tangled up.

I, like some others, liked Parks but definitely want more athleticism from the 5 so I'm not broken up about it. Real question is since it seems (and maybe this isnt correct) that he was our #1 option at the 5, where do we go now? Is Booker's offer commitable?  Or do we roll the dice on the portal? Any other names floating out there?