Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - C Xavier Booker to Michigan State

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indicating Woodson didn’t?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. He should’ve been there. Even if he doesn’t care about Booker just to send a message to all the other high school kids in the state that he’s watching. To me it seems like he’s above it. 

3 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

If he’s recruiting Reneau this week or next week, I’m good with him skipping the state finals. IMO, the only Indiana hs prospects that IU needs to go after hard are Sisley/Haralson in 2025.

I would also like to see Benter in 2024 but time will tell on that one. 

Yep. He should’ve been there. Even if he doesn’t care about Booker just to send a message to all the other high school kids in the state that he’s watching. To me it seems like he’s above it. 

Quite possibly. I agree with you. Hopefully his new highly paid assistants can carry his torch. Painter has taken a strong hold on RP the state recruiting lately.

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Quite possibly. I agree with you. Hopefully his new highly paid assistants can carry his torch. Painter has taken a strong hold on RP the state recruiting lately.

I guess Woodson was actually on vacation in Miami to celebrate his birthday.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe Booker is no longer a top priority in the '23 class. 

Hunter wouldn’t have been there if he wasn’t. It’s been said Woodson wants him. Even if he wasn’t it’s not even about Booker imo. It’s about sending a message to the entire state. 

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Hunter wouldn’t have been there if he wasn’t. It’s been said Woodson wants him. Even if he wasn’t it’s not even about Booker imo. It’s about sending a message to the entire state. 

Maybe he's sending a bigger message, by not being there!

6 minutes ago, jk34 said:

Maybe he's sending a bigger message, by not being there!

What’s that? I don’t care about HS basketball in the state? That’ll go over well.

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I agree that Woody sticking his head in would have been preferable. But, I’m gonna go ahead and make 2 predictions now: 1) Xavier Booker is going to his highest profile offer. He’s made that clear in multiple interviews. I don’t mean that as criticism of him. If waiting out a Duke or UK or KU offer is best for him, ok. 2) Woody’s absence yesterday will have exactly zero to do with whether or not IU signs a Jalen Haralson or a Trent Sisley or any other instate kid they’re looking at. 

Just now, jk34 said:

Maybe to work your @$$ off, show a little e&e, and act like you want it? It's a 2 way street.

I’m not just talking about Booker. I’m talking about the perception to coaches around the state. Woodson is starting to have a tendency to look lazy or like he thinks he’s above it to make appearances at HS events. There’s been at least another red flag so far in this area. If you lost the HS coaches it doesn’t end well. That’s my concern.

27 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I’m not just talking about Booker. I’m talking about the perception to coaches around the state. Woodson is starting to have a tendency to look lazy or like he thinks he’s above it to make appearances at HS events. There’s been at least another red flag so far in this area. If you lost the HS coaches it doesn’t end well. That’s my concern.

Agree 

55 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

If you lost the HS coaches it doesn’t end well. That’s my concern.

For the past 20+ years I've read that, one after another, five IUBB coaches quickly fell out of grace with Indiana HS coaches.  I'm not convinced it's true.  But if it is, at what point would it become noticeable that the 'problems' might be associated with the constant side of the equation?