Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - C Xavier Booker to Michigan State

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Tyler Zeller got punched in the face on his visit. Lance Stephenson’s dad took off his shirt and challenged everyone in the gym to a 1on1 game in his jeans. These are just a couple of stories.

But I heard we did well with Booker. He heard everything he needed to hear to put us in this recruitment.

That’s all we can hope for.  We have a great pitch. Time for us to show what a big man can do in our offense 

5 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

It’s really unfortunate Fife messed up the Booker recruitment so much. Seems like IU would’ve been in a great position with him otherwise. 

We’re still in it. I don’t think Woody thought Booker was going to blow up like he did. He watched one of his HS games last season in person & Booker had like 4 pts. Fast forward 6 months and people are talking 1 and done

13 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Tyler Zeller got punched in the face on his visit. Lance Stephenson’s dad took off his shirt and challenged everyone in the gym to a 1on1 game in his jeans. These are just a couple of stories.

But I heard we did well with Booker. He heard everything he needed to hear to put us in this recruitment.

Who punched Zeller? These sound like some wild stories.

Since Xavier Booker had an unofficial visit to IU on Wednesday there has been a lack of information out about how it went.  Just this morning I searched for and found one single article.  It is behind a paywall at Peegs.National top-5 class of 2023 prospect Xavier Booker recaps his Indiana visit (247sports.com) .

Not sure about referencing another site.  Not sure if I should link it.  If it is against rules/policy on this site, I apologize.  Take it down.

Brings to mind a lot of things.  How the heck can there be such a dearth of information coming out about a possible #2 ranked (2023) Indianapolis Cathedral big that has had a number of visits to IU?  And how did it go?  

Is everyone on vacation?  Were there no sightings of his visit?  Weren't there helicopters and drones hovering over parts of B'town recently?  Tweets?  Cell-tower triangulations? What does the NSA say?  Thought Chris007 would be wired for sound and be the coffeeboy in the meetings.  I mean ...   *crickets.

Friend of mine over here in Ohio thinks IU doesn't have a chance based upon Duke, MSU...words and referencing an old posting on a national site that is not highly regarded by yours truly.  Of course, he doesn't know jack.  

Well, at this point, neither do I.

3 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Since Xavier Booker had an unofficial visit to IU on Wednesday there has been a lack of information out about how it went.  Just this morning I searched for and found one single article.  It is behind a paywall at Peegs.National top-5 class of 2023 prospect Xavier Booker recaps his Indiana visit (247sports.com) .

Not sure about referencing another site.  Not sure if I should link it.  If it is against rules/policy on this site, I apologize.  Take it down.

Brings to mind a lot of things.  How the heck can there be such a dearth of information coming out about a possible #2 ranked (2023) Indianapolis Cathedral big that has had a number of visits to IU?  And how did it go?  

Is everyone on vacation?  Were there no sightings of his visit?  Weren't there helicopters and drones hovering over parts of B'town recently?  Tweets?  Cell-tower triangulations? What does the NSA say?  Thought Chris007 would be wired for sound and be the coffeeboy in the meetings.  I mean ...   *crickets.

Friend of mine over here in Ohio thinks IU doesn't have a chance based upon Duke, MSU...words and referencing an old posting on a national site that is not highly regarded by yours truly.  Of course, he doesn't know jack.  

Well, at this point, neither do I.

I have a grandson named  "Jack" but that's all I know.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Percentage wise, what kind of chance do we have? 2.5%? When will we get another Top 10 or Top 5 recruit? 

I will answer the second question:

no

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So never? Well that kinda sucks. Guess it is what is though. But ya never know... Did any of think Woody would be able to get 5*s in one class?

I DID NOT say “never.” You specifically asked about 2.5%. That’s not the correct numerical percentage.