Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - C Xavier Booker to Michigan State

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s getting weird in here.  Lol

i think until Nike transfers their love to another university we aren’t going to win head to head NIL battles with Duke. However, the local pull and staying close to home could bridge the gap if the gap isn’t enormous. 

So what you're saying is... Time to dump Adidas' lame a$$es and go to Nike? 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So what you're saying is... Time to dump Adidas' lame a$$es and go to Nike? 

Don’t cha find it a bit ironic how the whole FBI sting went down?

Nike has big, big money and “pull” and will always want the next Jordan, Lebron to carry a generation.  

As far as us transferring, meh, idk.  If we want top 5 guys, but we can win with top 20-50 guys who stay, I believe.  

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Don’t cha find it a bit ironic how the whole FBI sting went down?

Nike has big, big money and “pull” and will always want the next Jordan, Lebron to carry a generation.  

As far as us transferring, meh, idk.  If we want top 5 guys, but we can win with top 20-50 guys who stay, I believe.  

I would just rather have Nike gear personally. Though my New Balance basketball shoes are pretty awesome. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

American sports... yeah Nike in a landslide. I have no interest in cool soccer gear. 

Right. If soccer so the excuse... Not many people going out and wearing them IU soccer jerseys... An Xavier Booker jersey would probably sell though. 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

the daily Hoosier with an update this morning.  Sketchy internet and can’t post link.  Little help please

Old people...

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2023-5-star-xavier-booker-has-positive-things-to-say-about-iu-basketball-after-visit/

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Here as with Kaiser, I think, you see the possible upside of having the head ball coach make his presence a big deal.

You can succeed recruiting by really grinding, logging the miles on the jet, no question. But Kaiser pushing his date back, Woody showing up here after the visit this week and IU seemingly having a seat at the table…if your presence is special you get noticed.

(and I’m betting Walsh deserves some credit for helping us get back in this one)