Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - C Xavier Booker to Michigan State

3 minutes ago, triple said:

For the past 20+ years I've read that, one after another, five IUBB coaches quickly fell out of grace with Indiana HS coaches.  I'm not convinced it's true.  But if it is, at what point would it become noticeable that the 'problems' might be associated with the constant side of the equation?   

In every situation the coach has done it to themselves. I’m hoping Woodson doesn’t go down that road. 

Maybe Woody will make his visits more of an affirmation! Sometimes, not being there speaks louder, than being in a different gym every night. When a kid sees him, he knows he's a top priority.

Make kids start wondering why the IU coach isn't there, as opposed to just expecting it. These kids know about his NBA background, alot more than his playing career. I'm sure these HS coaches know when CMW is interested in one of his kids! 

Plus, you have 2 high level,AHC's, out recruiting daily. If we fail, it won't be do to lack of relationships in the state.

It seems like many are speculating and reacting to the speculation without considering how often coaches are really in contact with recruits. They call and text daily or weekly with recruits they want to keep tabs on. It seems possible that although Woodson wasn't at the game, he or his staff communicated as much with Booker and his family (if IU sees him as a priority). The staff could set expectations for that evening and contunue to set the table for our the recruitment will unfold this spring and summer. 

The other possibility is that there's been enough communication between Booker and IU that the staff knows Booker isn't that interested in IU, so IU sends an assistant to a big game for PR reasons, make connections with other high school coaches that are in attendance, etc. Or that IU isn't terribly high on Booker, so the staff is keeping tabs, but won't become heavily invested until they see certain things in his game, attitude, etc. 

My point is that there are a lot of unknowns. 

3 hours ago, Demo said:

I agree that Woody sticking his head in would have been preferable. But, I’m gonna go ahead and make 2 predictions now: 1) Xavier Booker is going to his highest profile offer. He’s made that clear in multiple interviews. I don’t mean that as criticism of him. If waiting out a Duke or UK or KU offer is best for him, ok. 2) Woody’s absence yesterday will have exactly zero to do with whether or not IU signs a Jalen Haralson or a Trent Sisley or any other instate kid they’re looking at. 

Trent Sisley lives 250 feet from me. I'll sure as hell be able to tell if woody has been there or not.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You better be in his ear about IU. Do you want us to make the check out to you or him? :-)

You all will be the first to know besides my own dad. His father was my PE teacher in highschool and I was a manager for Forest Parks basketball team when we won state (Sisley was assistant coach). I should have a fairly good in with them lol

Edited by Redb1rdy

1 hour ago, Redb1rdy said:

You all will be the first to know besides my own dad. His father was my PE teacher in highschool and I was a manager for Forest Parks basketball team when we won state (Sisley was assistant coach). I should have a fairly good in with them lol

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

1 hour ago, Redb1rdy said:

Was that on 2005 when Forrest Park won it. My nephew played for Knightstown and we played Forrest Park in the semi State.

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was that on 2005 when Forrest Park won it. My nephew played for Knightstown and we played Forrest Park in the semi State.

yeah that was 05

5 hours ago, Redb1rdy said:

Good old pal Redb1rdy…… good buddy…… 

Kyle Neddenriep -

Thought this was notable on Cathedral junior Xavier Booker. Final 13 games of season all of these statistical areas improved from season averages: 13.5 ppg (12.5 for season), 8.7 rebounds (6.7 for season), 3.2 blocked shots (2.3 for season) and 56% shooting (52% for season).

Joe Tipton on standouts from the USA Basketball Junior Team Minicamp practice.

4-star PF Xavier Booker

Class of 2023
Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral
On3 Consensus: No. 60

The way Xavier Booker moves at 6-foot-10 is what immediately draws your attention. He handles the ball well for a player of his size and put-back dunks come easy to him. He also has good hands and has the ability to block shots. Booker will need to continue to put on weight and strength, but he’s easily one of my favorite bigs in the class of 2023.

38 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Joe Tipton on standouts from the USA Basketball Junior Team Minicamp practice.

4-star PF Xavier Booker

Class of 2023
Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral
On3 Consensus: No. 60

The way Xavier Booker moves at 6-foot-10 is what immediately draws your attention. He handles the ball well for a player of his size and put-back dunks come easy to him. He also has good hands and has the ability to block shots. Booker will need to continue to put on weight and strength, but he’s easily one of my favorite bigs in the class of 2023.

Unique skill set if motor and dertetmination follow

Eric Bossi on USA Basketball mini-camp

Xavier Booker, C – A long and lanky frontcourt player from Indianapolis who hit the national radar exactly a year ago playing with the George Hill Indy All-Stars, Booker has come a long way in the last year as he’s turned upside into production. At 6-foot-10 he can really run the floor and he’s agile in the paint. He also blocks shots and does a tremendous job on the blocks. Add in that he has some potential to face up and make jumpers and you can see why he’s become a major priority for the many high major programs within driving distance. He’s already seen Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Purdue to name a few and at No. 89 nationally, he looks like a guy primed to make a move up the rankings.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Eric Bossi on USA Basketball mini-camp

Xavier Booker, C – A long and lanky frontcourt player from Indianapolis who hit the national radar exactly a year ago playing with the George Hill Indy All-Stars, Booker has come a long way in the last year as he’s turned upside into production. At 6-foot-10 he can really run the floor and he’s agile in the paint. He also blocks shots and does a tremendous job on the blocks. Add in that he has some potential to face up and make jumpers and you can see why he’s become a major priority for the many high major programs within driving distance. He’s already seen Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Purdue to name a few and at No. 89 nationally, he looks like a guy primed to make a move up the rankings.

Where is Old Friend? Curious if you think the kid has changed/matured lately to change your opinion

Idk about him, but he’s always been impressive to me in the games I’ve watched. Will be interesting to see how he handles more offensive output next season. He’s smooth. As with many high school guys I’ve watched, his intensity level could go up 3 or 4 notches. I also liked the Kekionga Monster or WTHever his name is. I’ve got my eye on him whenever I figure out his name. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners