Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SG Jakai Newton to INDIANA

On 1/8/2022 at 10:09 PM, Demo said:

And, if you don’t hate SEC country enough, as Newton is dominating the 2nd half, one of Louisiana announcers says, “I don’t think this Indiana commitment is gonna stick.”  The arrogance is in the water down there.

Send this guy a personal letter letting him know Jakai will be at Hoosier Hysteria.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Disappointing that we can’t watch him until after the new year, but weird as it sounds, glad to hear it’s a knee. I thought it was a hip and hip stuff can be pretty dicey sometimes.

https://www.covnews.com/sports/newton/jakai-newton-signs-indiana-basketball/

Nice article from the local paper. Confirms Newton will be at the UNC game. With the exception of Cupps at the Purdue game last year, I doubt any of the recruits attending will have ever walked into an environment like UNC’s gonna be. 

Season opening preview story on Newton HS.  Jakai is discussed but a reminder to all that he's rehabbing a knee and won't resume practicing until December and won't see game action until January. 

https://www.covnews.com/sports/newton/hoops-preview-newton-boys-basketball-running-after-state-title-goal/

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Newton and Cupps nominated for the 2023 McDonald's All-American game.  Final rosters announced Jan. 24.

What an absurd process that is. Love Newton, but he hasn’t played a game in 7 months.