Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SG Jakai Newton to INDIANA

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

But what about the analytics?

LMFAO ,I bet I know how Woody views that argument.

I know right. We need guys who can create their own shot off the bounce and hit from any spot on the floor. 

Too much reliance on getting "shooters" when those guys can't do anything but stand behind the three point line and hit 1-2 a game. Yeah maybe they hit a higher % but doesn't mean much when only hitting 1-2 a game and no other impact on the court. 

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

I know right. We need guys who can create their own shot off the bounce and hit from any spot on the floor. 

Too much reliance on getting "shooters" when those guys can't do anything but stand behind the three point line and hit 1-2 a game. Yeah maybe they hit a higher % but doesn't mean much when only hitting 1-2 a game and no other impact on the court. 

If those shooters were dangerous enough that other teams couldn't afford to leave them open, then it would open a lot of room for the rest of the offense to attack.

Hope this game will be televised or streamed.

Duncanville (TX) and Newton (GA) — both Preseason Top-25 national teams — are expected to play December 3rd as part of the Red River @HoopfestB in Texarkana. Both currently No. 1 in their respective states — an Atlanta versus Dallas battle.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I know Woody has shrunk some, but Jakai Newton looks to have a least two inches on Woody

Yup, and there’s a pic somewhere in this thread from Newton’s official of him standing next to Rosemond and from what I remember it looks like he’s grown maybe another inch since then. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Yup, and there’s a pic somewhere in this thread from Newton’s official of him standing next to Rosemond and from what I remember it looks like he’s grown maybe another inch since then. 

Which would be a big deal, because Newton can be an elite rim finisher in college if he’s big enough.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Woody is slouched a bit.  See his knee bend. 

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Have been curious for a while if Jakai is fully 6’4”. Appears to be every bit of it.

Committed: Class of 2023 guard Jakai Newton knew IU basketball was home  before he left Bloomington – The Daily Hoosier

That'd be a mighty big knee bend versus a year or so ago. Jakai has probably added an inch.