Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Heritage Christian (IN) 2023 SF Myles Colvin @mylesjcolvin  lands #Indiana #Hoosiers offer per his dad!

6'5" SF attends Heritage Christian HS in Indianapolis.   Nothing on 247 and very limited on Rivals.  He is the son of former Purdue football and Chicago Bears linebacker Roosevelt Colvin.

Rivals

MaxPreps

Hudl

Myles J. Colvin @mylesjcolvin

Blessed to receive another offer from @IndianaMBB , @MikeWoodsonNBA and @CoachDaneFife Thank you!!

But this was not a good look telling Booker and Hooks they have to visit campus like all 2023 recruits to get an offer, then go out and offer Colvin. Nothing major but not a good look. I have no problem with the offer, I think the kid is going to be very good. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

But this was not a good look telling Booker and Hooks they have to visit campus like all 2023 recruits to get an offer, then go out and offer Colvin. Nothing major but not a good look. I have no problem with the offer, I think the kid is going to be very good. 

Personally I think this was overblown and a non issue moving forward.  I know that  Rabjohns called it a bump in the road but in my opinion I don’t even think it will even be that.  

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Personally I think this was overblown and a non issue moving forward.  I know that  Rabjohns called it a bump in the road but in my opinion I don’t even think it will even be that.  

I agree it will be an easy fix but it could have been avoided. I'm guessing phone calls are taking place this week.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree it will be an easy fix but it could have been avoided. I'm guessing phone calls are taking place this week.

The fact the coaches would have to make phone calls over this is kind of ridiculous and would be a reason why I see how some great coaches want nothing to do with the recruiting aspect of things in college.   Having to call players, coaches and those around them to tell them they are sorry they offered someone else because the coaching staff changed plans is petty.   Things change in recruiting.   

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The fact the coaches would have to make phone calls over this is kind of ridiculous and would be a reason why I see how some great coaches want nothing to do with the recruiting aspect of things in college.   Having to call players, coaches and those around them to tell them they are sorry they offered someone else because the coaching staff changed plans is petty.   Things change in recruiting.   

I think that's a real problem when a coach has "the weasel gene," doesn't communicate effectively, or doesn't have credibility with families and player advisors. I worry that in the past we've had a coach who either was; honest but wasn't a commanding communicator (Archie), or sent mixed signals (CTC), and therefore ran into problems like this more often. 

I get a sense that Woody, Dane, and Kenya, especially with Thad and Armond advising them are going to be much, much better at assessing and avoiding these headaches.

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I don't believe that it was even really a thing.  I think what you really have is Rabjohns stirring the pot because he had recently said IU wasn't going to recruit Colvin.  Now he is creating cover for that comment like this is some shocking development.  Woodson knows Colvin's dad.  Colvin's dad is interested in his son having a national recruitment.

If there was anything Saturday, it was Rabjohns and other media types cackling about it, not anyone that actually matters.  Hooks and Booker don't care if they are offered last week or this week.  They just finished their sophomore years.  Self important people like Rabjohns are just awful for IU with this kind of ginned up negativity to protect their egos.

29 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

I don't believe that it was even really a thing.  I think what you really have is Rabjohns stirring the pot because he had recently said IU wasn't going to recruit Colvin.  Now he is creating cover for that comment like this is some shocking development.  Woodson knows Colvin's dad.  Colvin's dad is interested in his son having a national recruitment.

If there was anything Saturday, it was Rabjohns and other media types cackling about it, not anyone that actually matters.  Hooks and Booker don't care if they are offered last week or this week.  They just finished their sophomore years.  Self important people like Rabjohns are just awful for IU with this kind of ginned up negativity to protect their egos.

I think some kids take offense that someone lesser they feel gets an offer before they do. Especially when they were told they have to visit to get an offer. In the grand scheme of things, it's minor. But some egos were probably hurt. 

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think some kids take offense that someone lesser they feel gets an offer before they do. Especially when they were told they have to visit to get an offer. In the grand scheme of things, it's minor. But some egos were probably hurt. 

Buzz from Purdue circles is that they are now counting the months before another "We Own This State" social media post after Colvin commits. IU's offer was a shock. And recruiting is a tough business. The weather matters on official visits. The player host matters on official visits. It all matters. I guarantee it matters to Hooks and Booker.