Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JimmerNoe

New Jerseys/Alternate Jerseys

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

1,2,3,4 yes.  5   Eh. Like the shorts more than the jersey.  6 HELL no.   I really like 3 and 4.  We tried black in football a couple of times and I remember Cam Cameron saying "We didn't look like Indiana."  He was right.

When you take over a program, you take over the traditions that go with it.  Age has nothing to do with that.   I'm younger than at least 3 of the self-admitted" old people; but that comment alone just screams entitlement and whiney young guy who thinks he knows everything.   As the saying goes, "you play for the name on the front, not the name on the back."   Guys who never had names on their jerseys have all done just fine.   

I'm with you. Actually prefer the script "Indiana" (#3 & 4) over the traditional block font!

I'm fine with some variety and occasional alternate unis, but nothing neon or goofy, please. 

Speaking as an old guy who has been a fan since the early 80's, I would welcome some alternate jerseys. I'd definitely like us to maintain the traditional, but I think having some nice looking alternative jerseys would be a nice change.

Names on the back? Really not that concerned. If the recruits like it, I say we do it at least on the alternates. I mean, what if we put names on the back for a game and wipe the floor with Kentucky, Duke, or Purdue? Does everyone change their bias? 

I also like tradition, but there aren't many recruits that know our tradition as anything but former powerhouse that has been mediocre in their lifetime. 

43 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

This is from the same guy, but I think it might be my favorite and the most “out there” people would be okay with! Follows the City edition NBA trend with the limestone and Sample Gates2f11193fc7628529685b0c5ecfede72c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm OK with the uniform color/style as an alternate option. Don't care for the "Bloomington" though. If we wanna do something different, why not "Hoosiers" on the front?

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm OK with the uniform color/style as an alternate option. Don't care for the "Bloomington" though. If we wanna do something different, why not "Hoosiers" on the front?

Fun fact, Fred made the dept. stop using Hoosiers as much as possible because he thought the Hoosiers nickname was synonymous with hillbillies. Hope Scott fixes that. 

On 6/18/2021 at 7:45 PM, JimmerNoe said:

f3c0c6d35ce6d5ced11e1252d1e9dfe3.jpg
For reference, these are some of the concepts from the Twitter post (credit to Rygi13)

These just look ok, and maybe borderline boring. I want to see a little more aggressive and futuristic designs. Other than the dark jersey, all the other jerseys are pretty much the same as we've seen in the past. 

4 hours ago, akumanina said:

These just look ok, and maybe borderline boring. I want to see a little more aggressive and futuristic designs. 

"Futuristic" for us, is a different shade of red...

What I'd really like to see is to get back to the visiting team always wearing the white jerseys and home teams stay with team color. Football does it, other BB conf's do it, why not the B1G? Stupid I think.

This is from the same guy, but I think it might be my favorite and the most “out there” people would be okay with! Follows the City edition NBA trend with the limestone and Sample Gates2f11193fc7628529685b0c5ecfede72c.jpg&key=dd8236d0994403fe695b7420e8bdf3b1e5e20b14f06dc5bc8f65bc90cda9929b

This is pretty sweet! It can say Bloomington, Hoosiers, or Indiana. Don’t matter to me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app