Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alec Lasley reporting we offered 6'7" PF Coen Carr who attends Legacy Early College in Greenville, SC.  I believe he plays AAU for the Georgia Stars on the Nike circuit and if so, he's a teammate of Mari Jordan whom we've been in contact with since open season started for the '23 class.  NOTE:  Rivals reports he attends Legacy Early College but all of the other sites indicate Dutchtown HS in Hampton, GA.  

Rivals

MaxPreps

Hudl

Background on Carr and mentions a Georgia Stars teammate PG Chase Clemmons as someone IU is also interested in.  Also clarifies he is transferring from Dutchtown HS to Legacy Early College for the upcoming school year.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-class-of-2023-wing-coen-carr/

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Background on Carr and mentions a Georgia Stars teammate PG Chase Clemmons as someone IU is also interested in.  Also clarifies he is transferring from Dutchtown HS to Legacy Early College for the upcoming school year.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-class-of-2023-wing-coen-carr/

We're in really early on this player. Must be someone in Georgia whispering in  Coach Yas's ear that this kid will be coveted by high-majors soon.

Never saw anything specifically mentioned but apparently we checked in on Carr this week.  Possibly also looked at '23 PG Chase Clemmons.

Legacy Early College Boys Basketball @lec_hoops

Thanks to all the coaches who took time to come check out our guys this week!

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Never saw anything specifically mentioned but apparently we checked in on Carr this week.  Possibly also looked at '23 PG Chase Clemmons.

Legacy Early College Boys Basketball @lec_hoops

Thanks to all the coaches who took time to come check out our guys this week!

NOW I see the connection here!

"Carr is first working intently on his outside shot. He’s working with Tony Delk, the former Kentucky point guard who won a national title with the Wildcats in 1996 and then spent 10 years in the NBA with 10 different teams. Delk, a Tennessee native who is a friend of Clemmons, shot 34.3 percent from beyond the 3-point arc in the NBA and has already made significant changes on Carr’s form in about 2 1/2 weeks of work."

Tony Delk   Delk_Tony_nba.jpg

Year
Team
GP
Min
Pts
FG%
3pt%
Reb
Ast
Stl
Blk
-

Mike Woodson Coaching the Hawks:

Team Year G W L W–L% Finish PG PW PL PW–L% Result
Atlanta 2004–05 82 13 69 .159 5th in Southeast          
Atlanta 2005–06 82 26 56 .317 5th in Southeast          

Trent Markwith of Relentless Hoops.

South Carolina got their 1st taste of Coen Carr today at the @madehoops Southeast Preview.  One of the most impressive athletes in the region, Carr has gotten noticeably stronger since the summer and continues to polish up his skillset.

Slate of IU commits/targets you can watch in action tomorrow (Dec. 2).

7:00 p.m.    Coen Carr (Legacy Early College) vs. Wasatch Academy on ESPN+

7:30 p.m.    Hood-Schifino, Evans & Queen (Montverde) vs. Oak Hill Academy on ESPNU

9:00 p.m.    Jeremy Fears (La Lumiere) vs. Bishop Walsh (MD) on ESPN+

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Earlier today from the Bob Kirk Invitational.

Wow, 21 pts on 13 shots with 1 TO against a team like that? Nice effort.  So, he’s scored 34 pts on 22 shots with 1made 3 in 2 games. That is so efficient. I gotta watch him more.

Participated in the Hoophall West event.

Lost to Prolific Prep 64 - 53.  14 pts. on 5-7 FG; 2-2 on 3s; 2-3 FT; 1 reb; 0 asst; 0 stl; 1 TO

Lost to Oak Hill Academy 90 - 55.  18 pts. on 5-10 FG; 0-2 on 3s; 8-11 FT; 8 reb; 2 asst; 3 blk; 2 TO

Travis Branham --

Coen Carr, a 6-foot-6 wing out of Greenville (S.C.) Legacy Early College, has found his stock surging since the start of the high school season.

The 2023 small forward is one of the most athletic prospects in the class and a number of coaches are vying for his high-flying talents to come play for their programs.

"I feel like I am a walking highlight reel," Carr said of his game. "I bring energy to the game and I help my teammates out every way I can."

A number of schools have been in pursuit but those in the most contact lately including Arizona State, Clemson, Georgia, Indiana and Vanderbilt.

“It’s been good, it’s been fun having all of these coaches calling me and stuff and telling me how they want me to go to their school," he said of his recruiting process.

The three-star wing broke down his thoughts on each of his suitors and discussed the next steps in his recruitment with 247Sports.

Arizona State: “They’ve been telling me that they really want me to go to their school and that I can fit in really well in their offense and that there are a lot great things that I can do over there.”

Clemson: “It’s a great school that is also close to my hometown. My dad is from South Carolina and that’s his favorite team.”

Georgia: “That’s my home school so it would be pretty cool to play for my home state.”

Indiana: “They’ve been telling me a lot of great things, mostly the same things, they like the way I play and my athleticism and things like that. Indiana is a really good program and a lot of really good players come from there like Victor Oladipo, OG Anunoby.”

Vanderbilt: “That’s a good school. I know a couple of people that go there and the coaches love me, they talk to me everyday. That would be a great school to go to too.”

Carr has taken three unofficial visits to Georgia, Clemson and Vanderbilt. He is also in the midst of setting up two officials and knows one of this options that he'd like to visit.

"I am trying to set one up with Vanderbilt and Arizona State," he said. "Indiana, that’s one I’d really like to visit."

The explosive prospect is currently in no rush in making a decision and remains focused on his development but knows what he is looking for in a school.

"A school that can make me better on and off the court, is high on academics and really where I can develop the most at," he said.

Carr is currently unranked in the 2023 class but is projected to make his debut in the next update.

Legacy Early  College participating in the Chic-Fil-A Classic and today lost to St. Frances 55-54.  Carr with 22 pts; 7 reb; 2 blk.  Yesterday they lost to Dream City Christian 60-40 but no player stats were provided.  I did see that Carr won the slam dunk contest at the event.