Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Jeremy Fears to Michigan State

26 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

IU has thousands of highly competent and professional Kelley business school alums who could properly run a "collective."  

The idea that people are going to blindly Venmo money to narcissists in LA so they can behave like this is beyond absurd.

Uhh...wut? I'm not sure which part you're going after here. If you're saying there are far better IU connected folks to run an NIL collective, much like the HH guys have set up, then yeah I'll agree with you. If you took my post as suggesting that people will venmo these guys money to funnel to recruits while they interact with them....that's not what I was saying. My point was that they're now in a position of connecting players with NIL opportunities. Any interaction with a recruit should be cut off simply b/c it could be perceived as some sort of booster/under the table $$ moment. Maybe not, but if I'm a rival school, in this case Illinois, I'm all over this trying to pin something on these guys and their NIL collective to get IU in trouble for recruiting violations. 

50 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Uhh...wut? I'm not sure which part you're going after here. If you're saying there are far better IU connected folks to run an NIL collective, much like the HH guys have set up, then yeah I'll agree with you. If you took my post as suggesting that people will venmo these guys money to funnel to recruits while they interact with them....that's not what I was saying. My point was that they're now in a position of connecting players with NIL opportunities. Any interaction with a recruit should be cut off simply b/c it could be perceived as some sort of booster/under the table $$ moment. Maybe not, but if I'm a rival school, in this case Illinois, I'm all over this trying to pin something on these guys and their NIL collective to get IU in trouble for recruiting violations. 

I'm with you on all points.  I was simply pointing out that these idiots have no business representing our beloved program, and anyone who sends them money is a complete imbecile.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:09 AM, Gnet550 said:

I never understood why Archie didn’t try to tap into that program. They even play some games in Indiana and probably go to some other high school games, I’d assume, in Indiana. They actually get to see what basketball means in Indiana….hopefully it is the start of a great relationship

LaLumiere has a really good academic reputation and of course their basketball speaks for itself. Just saw where a 2024 will take an unofficial visit to Notre Dame next month. MORE TO COME!

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jeremy's younger brother '25 Jeremiah Fears already drawing major interest.

Jeremiah Fears @jeremiahfears2

Blessed to receive an offer from the university of Illinois

Illinois is playing the you and your brother playing together angle but CMW will wait and see on brother and saying if you come here your will be in NBA by time your brother gets here. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

Illinois is playing the you and your brother playing together angle but CMW will wait and see on brother and saying if you come here your will be in NBA by time your brother gets here. 

Thinking the Fears family is far too savvy to consider this a real benefit. If The younger brother is good enough Jeremy Sr. knows he'll get all kinds of offers anyway. 

I'd rather tell them--"Jeremy Jr is an absolute priority. If his younger brother proves himself we'll prioritize him too."

9 hours ago, The RUN DMCer said:

LaLumiere has a really good academic reputation and of course their basketball speaks for itself. Just saw where a 2024 will take an unofficial visit to Notre Dame next month. MORE TO COME!

Christian Humphrey-Rembert from LaLumiere will visit ND on Saturday. Supposedly IU has been in contact with him.

From Jerry Meyer -

Here is a quick look at 2023 five-star prospect Jeremy Fears who received an offer from Michigan State over the weekend.

A 6-1 point guard out of La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere School, Fears has also picked up offers this summer from Kansas, Memphis and Xavier. Illinois and Missouri had offered prior to the summer and are considered strong contenders in his recruitment. He has recently visited Illinois, Indiana and Michigan State.

Fears, a tremendous passer with a strong all around game, is ranked No. 26 in the 247Sports Composite.

Jeremy Fears scouting report:

Not a point guard with length but has a strong sturdy build. Plays with poise and composure but has a quick burst to the basket going either direction. Uses change of pace and change of direction extremely well. Has a top notch ability to draw defenders and deliver a timely and accurate pass. His greatest strength is running a team as a floor general. Finishes well around the rim. Not a high riser but gets off the floor quickly jumping off two feet. Prefers the pass over the midrange jumper. Can keep defense honest with his jumper but there is room for improvement. Has a low release. Has potential to be a tough defender. Could be a more aggressive rebounder.