Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Jeremy Fears to Michigan State

https://mobile.twitter.com/ILLBoardRoom/status/1439317627088871426

not a huge fan of this

That illini account that reposted it likes to start stuff with everyone. They have with a UK player and dickinson from michigan as well. You can tell the jokes was in good fun but i agree it shouldnt of happened in the first place. If theres going to be fan - recruit interaction it should be like how we did for clowney. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

not a huge fan of this

That illini account that reposted it likes to start stuff with everyone. They have with a UK player and dickinson from michigan as well. You can tell the jokes was in good fun but i agree it shouldnt of happened in the first place. If theres going to be fan - recruit interaction it should be like how we did for clowney. 

Yeah—that’s completely not okay. And in no small part it’s not OK because it made our top recruit look like he wished he were somewhere else!

Bad message board stuff that our mods would shake our heads at is not what guys who are doing long podcasts with players and staff should be doing.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

not a huge fan of this

Those guys are so damn ridiculous. Complete idiots and the athletic department loves them for some unknown reason other than maybe puffing their chests out for working with a Hollywood guy. They’re genuinely bad for Indiana Athletics. 

not a huge fan of this

That’s terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

The Hoosier Hysterics are a worse version of the guy that pushes little kids out of the way to get an autograph that they’re about to turn around and list on Ebay. 

I absolutely despise them.  Notice how every video has their faces in it?  Total narcissists.  And you know what people like that do, they destroy everything they touch to prop themselves up.  Can't believe people inside the IU program enable this crap.  I am going to start e-mailing Dolson and others.

I hate to derail a recruit thread with dumping on these dickwads, and I’m not against giving them their own thread because I’d be SHOCKED if they aren’t reading this board, but I feel really strongly about this. Apparently they aren’t only weird, they’re crazy and they realize it! They’re unfortunately given this leeway from the top too, so good luck getting rid of them. 

16 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

How do we shut those guys down? Seriously, the damage those guys do in the name of Indiana is super frustrating. 

What's unfortunate is the whole NIL collective thing they are doing could actually be extremely beneficial to Indiana. I don't know much about NIL stuff, but I'd be shocked if it's okay to start getting incoming recruits involved in that. So, beyond the creepiness of how they interact with recruits, they especially need to cut that $hit out if it's going to land us in hot water b/c of their NIL efforts.

2 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What's unfortunate is the whole NIL collective thing they are doing could actually be extremely beneficial to Indiana. I don't know much about NIL stuff, but I'd be shocked if it's okay to start getting incoming recruits involved in that. So, beyond the creepiness of how they interact with recruits, they especially need to cut that $hit out if it's going to land us in hot water b/c of their NIL efforts.

IU has thousands of highly competent and professional Kelley business school alums who could properly run a "collective."  

The idea that people are going to blindly Venmo money to narcissists in LA so they can behave like this is beyond absurd.