Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Jeremy Fears to Michigan State

4- star PG Jeremy Fears attends La Lumiere HS and plays AAU for Bradley Beal Elite on the Nike circuit.  

Rivals

From April 30:  

Jeremy Fears is currently a 4-star recruit and ranked No. 23 nationally by 247Sports.  That service lists him as the No. 7 point guard in the class.  Even though he's a '23, he's playing 'up' with the Bradley Beal AAU team on the EYBL circuit so hopefully when the EYBL circuit starts we'll be able to get some good stats on him.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2023-names-to-know-point-guard-jeremy-fears/?fbclid=IwAR3Gj35fLmDmEG52S0zWeNhWqAl6PDWMZ6WHJxahGh8LSXRoYTLfy6WSw8A

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds like a great visit.  Those were not your run of the mill post visit comments.  They sounded, in the words of Jeremy himself, "Big Time"

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Evolve doing work. Feel pretty good about this recruitment, especially if his list doesn’t expand. But who knows, very early for a 2023 kid.

Aden Holloway, top 50ish ‘23 PG from NC, is transferring to La Lumiere. Even by the usual basketball factory standards, La Lumiere has a pretty insane level of talent. They’re gonna have high D1 kids who barely play. Their practices would be more fun to watch than most of their games.

4 hours ago, fwgreenway said:

He grew an inch and gained 10 lbs just from the IU visit? No wonder the family was impressed!

The Jalen Green. 6’4 in HS but listed as 6’5. Then G League ignite bumps him up to 6’6.

14 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I would love to see the staff tap into the LaLu talent pipeline, lots of tremendous hoopers come out of the program.

I never understood why Archie didn’t try to tap into that program. They even play some games in Indiana and probably go to some other high school games, I’d assume, in Indiana. They actually get to see what basketball means in Indiana….hopefully it is the start of a great relationship

45 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

'Mike Woodson All-Stars' board & signage, smart use of a competitive differentiator IMO.  I am sure it will anger some of the old school fans, but with 17 & 18 year olds who want to get to the league this seems like win.

I can't imagine any old school fans having an issue with it.