Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Sept. 18th Game - TAILGATE/GET TOGETHER

2 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Oye. Guess I’ll be playing it by ear then. They gotta put us somewhere. 

That game will be a mess. I know the church across from Kaufman parks, but not sure of their tailgate policies. 

46 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

My fault. I was referring to the Tennis Center not Mellencamp (Lot 12 - Green). My fault. 

0EDFDA6F-08E6-457B-B278-8AFAF0B2A75B.png

Pretty certain that requires a pass too, unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

They need to update their site, it says otherwise. :(

Very well could have changed! I had to have a prepaid pass there as recently as 2 years ago, but they’re usually pretty good about updating the site so it might be different. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Very well could have changed! I had to have a prepaid pass there as recently as 2 years ago, but they’re usually pretty good about updating the site so it might be different. 

No clue.  being this far removed from Bloomington, nothing would surprise me.  I parked there for the Navy game like a decade ago and again 3 yrs ago for the Bucket game.  Who knows. 

I guess I'll find out when I arrive.  lol

What time do the lots open?  That info I couldn't find on their site.

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

No clue.  being this far removed from Bloomington, nothing would surprise me.  I parked there for the Navy game like a decade ago and again 3 yrs ago for the Bucket game.  Who knows. 

I guess I'll find out when I arrive.  lol

What time do the lots open?  That info I couldn't find on their site.

I want to say 7:00 for a noon kick?

Confirming what was already mentioned (I called the ticket office) all parking lot passes are gone. Thanks for setting me straight ahead of time fellas!  Looks like we’ll be parking at a random garage and crashing someone else’s tailgate. 

Ah well, it’ll be an electric atmosphere and that is what I’m looking to share with my 12 yr old son more than anything!!!

3 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Confirming what was already mentioned (I called the ticket office) all parking lot passes are gone. Thanks for setting me straight ahead of time fellas!  Looks like we’ll be parking at a random garage and crashing someone else’s tailgate. 

Ah well, it’ll be an electric atmosphere and that is what I’m looking to share with my 12 yr old son more than anything!!!

In the past, the churches close to the stadium will let you park there for a donation or a small fee. Also, you can park in an IU lot close by and walk. IU doesn't ticket after 5pm on Friday till Monday morning at 7am. 

33 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

In the past, the churches close to the stadium will let you park there for a donation or a small fee. Also, you can park in an IU lot close by and walk. IU doesn't ticket after 5pm on Friday till Monday morning at 7am. 

I was looking at the Poplars Garage because it’s close to Sample Gates. Not like getting out of Bloomington will be a quick process anyway…and I wanted to show my kid the Gates and maybe do some shopping at the bookstore. 

Is there a specific lot/garage/location you would recommend?

4 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I was looking at the Poplars Garage because it’s close to Sample Gates. Not like getting out of Bloomington will be a quick process anyway…and I wanted to show my kid the Gates and maybe do some shopping at the bookstore. 

That is a good one, but going to be a hike to the football game. The business school has a garage also that would be closer but not sure how they handle parking on weekends. Also, Jordan parking garage would be another which is now known as the East garage. But also any IU parking lot should work. 

11 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I've walked to basketball games from Kirkwood in January in the past few years--no problem whatsoever in September. I'm guessing it'll take about 15-20 minutes depending on how far south you start from.

Parking away from the pay lots is NO problem IMO unless you are hauling tailgate equipment.

52 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Thx Eddy. 

Random question. Are we allowed to carry-in our own seat backs?  I own a pair of those foldable cushion seats that have backs that fold up. Make sitting on bleachers much more comfortable. 

Nope. You can rent them inside the stadium though. See “Prohibited items” in this policy…..

https://tickets.iuhoosiers.com/sports/2018/6/22/memorial-stadium-policies.aspx?id=10