Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Bloomington Food Choices

10 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Should’ve gone to Cafe Pizzaria. 

He said it was slightly better than Domino's. I agree I like Cafe Pizzaria much better and I think Dave likes the thin crust better too. 

9 hours ago, Trish said:

Motherbears is not top 3 in Bloomington. 

What are the top 3? I try to visit Bloomington at least once a year. I usually end up at Mother Bears because it’s what I’m most familiar with but I love trying new kinds.

4 hours ago, kottke said:

What are the top 3? I try to visit Bloomington at least once a year. I usually end up at Mother Bears because it’s what I’m most familiar with but I love trying new kinds.

Avers (shout out Avers 8 deal) and Goodfellas were the only two pizza places I ate at in Bloomington. A newer place I’ve heard is great but haven’t tried yet is Osteria Rago, but is date night pizza. Avers is, 2am drunk pizza

11 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I’m an Avers man

Same here. I haven’t even heard of half the places being mentioned but I also haven’t been back to IU since I graduated 10 years ago. Avers was always our go-to. Well, that and Pizza Express breadsticks when I lived at Eigenmann.

13 hours ago, kottke said:

I'm not going to put any in order but some good places are Cafe Pizzaria, Lennies, Big Woods, Switchyard, DaVinci. Most of these places are wood fire pizza places. I also like Nick's, Swing inn, Rockets, and if you're in Ellettsville Pizza Pantry is good. 

14 hours ago, kottke said:

I would say,

1 - Pizza X

2 - Swing In

3 - Trailhead 

Goodfella's on Kirkwood is fun along with Cafe Pizzaria. I think Motherbears is grossly overrated but I'm glad it has some recognition with Bloomington and IU! 

9 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Avers (shout out Avers 8 deal) and Goodfellas were the only two pizza places I ate at in Bloomington. A newer place I’ve heard is great but haven’t tried yet is Osteria Rago, but is date night pizza. Avers is, 2am drunk pizza

Yes Rags who owns Nicks opened up Osteria Rago with his wife after visiting Italy. Not sure I've had the pizza but the Italian food is really good. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

I would say,

1 - Pizza X

2 - Swing In

3 - Trailhead 

Goodfella's on Kirkwood is fun along with Cafe Pizzaria. I think Motherbears is grossly overrated but I'm glad it has some recognition with Bloomington and IU! 

I didn't care for Trailhead the first time I tried it a few years ago, I need to give it another shot. 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes Rags who owns Nicks opened up Osteria Rago with his wife after visiting Italy. Not sure I've had the pizza but the Italian food is really good. 

Le Petit Cafe was my fancy food go to, especially after college when I’d come back for games. They have an Airbnb above the restaurant and the food and owners are amazing. Portions are generous, despite a limited menu. I would always tell them to choose our adventure and it never disappointed. Miss that place.