Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Michael Durr to Indiana (South Florida Transfer)

“Indiana being the program that it is, the school that it is, with all the tradition, I wanted to go somewhere where they would help me take my game to the next level"

6 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

After watching more video. Durr is better than I thought. :farting_smiley:

Nothing against Brunk, but if Durr gets his shot off around the basket, he's one up on Brunk. Brunk had a hard time getting his shots off around the basket.

38 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:
“Indiana being the program that it is, the school that it is, with all the tradition, I wanted to go somewhere where they would help me take my game to the next level"

They couldn't decide whether his name was Durr or Dunn in the article.

At minimum, fills the need for minutes against some of the Big10 bigs.

Sounds like he plays strong. I have zero clue about USF's offensive system, but sounds like he can rebound and hit FTs.

If he can develop a few power moves to the basket, perhaps we see him and TJD on the floor at the same time occasionally.

I think I like his style better than Brunks.

21 hours ago, Southside said:

At minimum, fills the need for minutes against some of the Big10 bigs.

Sounds like he plays strong. I have zero clue about USF's offensive system, but sounds like he can rebound and hit FTs.

If he can develop a few power moves to the basket, perhaps we see him and TJD on the floor at the same time occasionally.

I think I like his style better than Brunks.

If he and TJD are going to play together.. he needs to be developing his range.  You simply cannot play two posts, consistently. We've seen that song and dance. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If he and TJD are going to play together.. he needs to be developing his range.  You simply cannot play two posts, consistently. We've seen that song and dance. 

I don't think CMW is a 2 post guy from what I read and the 1 in 4 out stuff I watched/read. We will consistently have 4 scoring threats on the perimeter and one guy moving around in the lane as the plays unfold. The lane needs to stay open so plays can develop and the motion offense can work properly. 2 guys in the post would ruin that.

19 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I don't think CMW is a 2 post guy from what I read and the 1 in 4 out stuff I watched/read. We will consistently have 4 scoring threats on the perimeter and one guy moving around in the lane as the plays unfold. The lane needs to stay open so plays can develop and the motion offense can work properly. 2 guys in the post would ruin that.

It did for 4 years lol

I can't hardly stand watching two post offenses. So boring.

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

From a pure player development perspective, you'd want TJD developing range more than Durr, if I understand Woodson's system correctly. In the 41, there are lots of options for the 5 or "in". And TJD really wouldn't be a true post guy in a situation where Durr was the 5. To add, yes we've seen it, but it's been in an Archie system.