Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Michael Durr to Indiana (South Florida Transfer)

We weren't getting a top big in the portal this year due to Trayce and partially Race. However, after Joey left we certainly needed size. Is this an upgrade over Joey? I have no idea, time will tell.

With that said, welcome to Indiana Basketball Michael! Excited to have you.

His shooting % is terrible for a 7 footer if he's a traditional center. I know nothing about him and could be off if in fact he takes a bunch of jumpers. Big fella that should provide depth at a position where it's needed so I'm fine with it but found the #'s somewhat troubling.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

His shooting % is terrible for a 7 footer if he's a traditional center. I know nothing about him and could be off if in fact he takes a bunch of jumpers. Big fella that should provide depth at a position where it's needed so I'm fine with it but found the #'s somewhat troubling.

7.9 Rebs 2.9 Off Reb is nice. If his main role is to spell TJD and/Race at times and score off put backs or east post ups, I think it’s a pretty good pickup. 79% FT shooter for a big is very solid too IMO. He looks athletic enough and moves well to take up space defensively also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

In my mind, this is all about Dickinson and Edey (and any other huge big ten centers). You can't ask Trayce to guard these guys for 30 minutes a game. We need someone who can give us 10-15 mins on these guys. Durr will do that. If he doesn't work out this year, he won't be back for a second year. No downside here.

I agree with that.  TJD doesn't do great with those type of players, plus why put him in needless foul trouble.  I get the move from our perspective.  I'm not sure I see it from his perspective. 

Love it.

13th man on the roster that absolutely fills a a need, and does so for two years.

Has a nose for the ball on both rebounding ends, truly takes up space and is a physically strong defender.

Will not want the ball in his hands and will not demand 25 mpg. If the expectations are reasonable, the 'get' is excellent.

17 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Per hoop math, 52.3% at the rim last year: https://hoop-math.com/SouthFla.2021.php

Just under half his shots were at the rim. Too many 2-point Js, though, which he shot poorly.

To be fair, the stuff that gets called a 2-point J in play-by-play data is notoriously variant. Floaters, hooks, foot-on-the-line...

13 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

7.9 Rebs 2.9 Off Reb is nice. If his main role is to spell TJD and/Race at times and score off put backs or east post ups, I think it’s a pretty good pickup. 79% FT shooter for a big is very solid too IMO. He looks athletic enough and moves well to take up space defensively also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info.  While it would be great to add a guy who could be a threat inside right off the bat, we really need depth at that position.  If TJD, or LD have any foul trouble or injuries we need another true center.  

This move is totally strategic for spot minutes against big boys in the B1G (see what I did there).. We absolutely cannot afford for TJD or RT racking up fouls and trying to guard some of the legit 7 footers in this league. Is he going to average near a double-double as he has at USF? No. But my thinking is that is not why he was picked up. This is a great pickup at least for that, and if the kid can show some flashes of high level offensive rebounds/put backs, even better. At worst, he can foul the piss out of whatever 7+ ogre purdue puts out this season.