Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU Baseball @ Michigan - 5/14 - 5/16/21

We make a mistake in the field although I thought we had an out at second. Fielders choice in hole at 1st and 2nd. Toetz threw to Houston at second and I thought Houston held bag long enough before ball came out on a takeout slide but ump says no. Everyone safe. 1st and 2nd one out.

This ones over. Scott gives up a three run HR. 9-2 after 4. Scott never should of been out there. Let Michigan get it all out of their system today and win next two. I thought this would be the one we lose but not in this fashion. I thought Sommer would be OK and we lose something like 4-2 getting dominated by Haajar. Just let Scott eat some innings so we don't burn bullpen when we really need it.

We have actually done OK against Haajar but our pitching and especially Scott have been awful. 

14 minutes ago, mjhoosier said:

Disappointing pitching day. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All along I had us losing today and winning tomorrow and Sunday. Just had today going in a different type of way with us losing a very low scoring battle..

Pitching matchup tomorrow is their clone of McCade Brown, who is also a righty and has been terrific in half his starts and struck out everyone and has been wild and given up a bunch of runs in other half. Both are coming off being good versions of themselves, so we will see what happens.

Sunday we have huge advantage as Bierman has been great and their no. 3 has struggled and rarely goes deep into games. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Announcers are awful

Think it's an audio problem for play by play guy. With that said guy yesterday made a ton of basic mistakes yesterday. Today though not their fault I don't think.

This ump has a very low strike zone and gave both Brown and Weston a strike 3 call on a low pitch today. IU got first two on then did nothing with it and its 0-0 to bottom 2.

This is a mess of a feed. Play by play guy is completely gone so we just here color commentator chime in every once in a while which does not work at all. Also camera stuck at times and not catching hits. 

Oh and scoreboard keeping count accurately. 

Brown gets out of a jam with a 2 out breaking ball for a swinging strike 3. Right now we have a color commentator, a home plate camera, an outfield camera that is slow to catch a hit and a scoreboard that is sometimes accurate only. Real fun.

0-0 to top 3.

On the board! A triple by Ashley off the wall barely misses a HR. Than Toetz with a high chopper to SS that would of scored Ashley no matter what, but a throwing error to first makes him safe as well.

1-0 Top 3 runner on 1st. 1 out.

3 extra runs! Fouerousse triples off the CF wall to make it 4-0 so we lucky for us we got the bad version of Weston today for Wolverines, although his defense behind him screwed him over a lot. That said he is leaving balls over plate we can hit.