Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU Baseball @ Michigan - 5/14 - 5/16/21

Important 3-game series in Ann Arbor.   The No. 21-ranked Indiana Hoosiers (23-10) head north to face the Michigan Wolverines (23-12) in a three-game, Big Ten series.  These two teams last faced off in 2019, with the Hoosiers taking two-of-three from U-M in Ann Arbor.

Friday:  4:00 on BTN+     Sommer on the mound

Saturday:  2:00 on BTN+       Brown scheduled

Sunday:  1:00 on ESPN2        Bierman scheduled

Radio

Live Stats

We did everything right until Cole Barr. Forced a ton of pitches which is good going forward.

It started with an Ashley walk, a flyout by Toetz, and a single by Richardson moving Ashley to 3rd.

Then Barr did a very dumb thing, swinging at a 3-1 pitch against a struggling pitcher and bounced it to SS for easy double play and we do not score. Thats the kind of stuff that can turn a pitcher's start around (especially an elite one).

Huge missed opportunity and our best hitter really screwed us over.

Sommer works around a two out double off their version of the "Green Monster (Their LF wall is really high which I knew coming in as been to this park).

0-0 to 2nd.

I have a feeling we are going to regret not scoring 1 in first with runs at a premium today. 

Michigan gets HR over their 'green monster'. Not sure how we make that up but hope we do. Don't think we get killed, but it is the type of game where we might well lose 4-3 and lament not having a legit ace for Friday and Barr's stupidity in 1st.

1-0 Michigan to third.

We got the lead. Barr atoned for last time with a bases loaded bloop single that was just out of the reach of a diving Michigan OF with 2 outs.

2-1 after 2.5 and Hajaar has to be near 70 pitches so may not see him for long which would be great. 

Well this elite pitching matchup is turning into a dud much like against Iowa. Both top pitchers not looking good. 2-2 with bases loaded 1 out and IU already removes Sommer which is very interesting. Mercer not messing around.

a base hit follows. 2-2. Still bases loaded. Only one out.
Mercer may be pulling him. Cant afford to get behind too much here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This announcer is horrible and making a lot of mistakes. IU now trails 4-2 after 2  more singles. Not good but I take back what I said about needing perfect pitching. Like Iowa we are in shootout no one expected.

One pitch. Another base hit. Ugh. 4-2. Michigan finding open spaces. Hard hit balls. So far Braden scott. Two pitches. Two hits . 2 runs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I like the pitching change, but bringing in Braden Scott was not a good idea at all, as he has been up and down this year. Go to Bothwell or Tucker as you need long relief. Instead you bring in a short relief guy who puts you in a huge hole after another double and its 6-2 after 3. Lot of work to do. 

Also this is the worst announcer we have had this year. Not because he is a homer because he has been fine in that sense. The problem is he is making multiple errors on the play-by-play when describing what is happening in game. I count at least 4.