Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Big Ten Arena Poll

20 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

It’s pretty funny how much Purdue is signal boosting this. The bball account has RT and QT and Purdue Athletics has QT. I almost want them to win to see if they’ll hang a banner for this victory.

That's their arena? I always thought it was a cattle barn. Never figured out why they didn't build a silo next to it so the feed supply was closer to the livestock.

52% now.

I love the nostalgia of AH, but would love a nice new state of the art arena so long as it was as loud as AH.

The remodel and addition of Cook Hall I guess checked some boxes. Would have loved to see them do something like Bankers. 

I love Assembly Hall and do not want a new arena - but there are only 8,000 good seats in that place. If you're up in the balcony or in the last 15 rows on the main level, your view of the game isn't going to be very good. That being said, you still get the atmosphere.

On the other hand, there isn't a bad seat at Mackey. Whoever said, Mackey was designed by an engineer and Assembly Hall was designed by a musician was right. 

4 hours ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

I love Assembly Hall and do not want a new arena - but there are only 8,000 good seats in that place. If you're up in the balcony or in the last 15 rows on the main level, your view of the game isn't going to be very good. That being said, you still get the atmosphere.

On the other hand, there isn't a bad seat at Mackey. Whoever said, Mackey was designed by an engineer and Assembly Hall was designed by a musician was right. 

Before I went to IU, and before my dad got season tix a few years in my teens, we used to get tix from time to time from family and friends. I remember my first game. Must have been 10-12.. I was so pumped. Seats were horrible, and could barely see the game. Never accepted those seats again lol. Dad got the hookup with better tix next season.

I think we should have a PU engineer and an IU music prof sit down and design a new arena that has great views, but loud as hell acoustics lol.