Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Leo

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Football)

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully, Bell can meet with him soon and ease all worries. 

I’m not worried. With this newer signing day format kids have to decide or risk scholarship crunches. Transfer portal only exacerbates this for the better power 5. IU will hold his scholly no doubt but who else would keep a spot open for him outside of maybe Purdue?

18 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I have carefully avoided all things IU Football since at least the Maryland "game", including recruiting. Based on some anecdotes today, is it fair to say that this signing class and announced transfers are pretty solid so far? 

I typically take class rankings with a grain of salt.  But I believe this is the highest ranked class in the school's history. I could be wrong though. Development of these recruits is what really matters in the grand scheme of things.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Cooper is not going to sign until he gets to sit down to talk to Bell according to Matt Weaver at Peegs/ 

So are we to interpret this very literally in that he actually wants to sit down face to face? Or are we saying that Bell has been on staff for a week now but hasn't yet bothered to talk to one of our highest ranked recruits on offense? 

44 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

So are we to interpret this very literally in that he actually wants to sit down face to face? Or are we saying that Bell has been on staff for a week now but hasn't yet bothered to talk to one of our highest ranked recruits on offense? 

I think he wants to meet face to face

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Bo Nix quarterback rating for the past three years. Blue line is game by game, orange is rolling four game average. He was a 70.8 last year. This is a top 20% of D1 resume. 

For instance, last year Tuttle was a 27.5 and McCulley was 32.4, and Penix was 50.4. In 2020 Penix was 67.7 and Nix was 73.1.

So, Nix has been better than 2020 Penix for the past two years. 

I guess I just don't get it.  59% completion rate over three years, under 7 yards per pass, and while he doesn't throw many picks in three years as a starter he's averaged 13 passing TDs.  He's a adequate runner from the position but not great.  And it's not like Auburn has torn it up with him -- they are 12-11 the past two years.

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I guess I just don't get it.  59% completion rate over three years, under 7 yards per pass, and while he doesn't throw many picks in three years as a starter he's averaged 13 passing TDs.  He's a adequate runner from the position but not great.  And it's not like Auburn has torn it up with him -- they are 12-11 the past two years.

They wouldn't have been 6-6 if he doesn't get hurt. He's a damn good football player. 

16 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

They've talked but he wants to meet him face to face and build an actual relationship with him.