Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DWB

Coach Tony's dive into the 4-out, 1-in, offense...Excellent!

When the ball enters the post this season having Stewart,Kopp and Bates on the perimeter and in motion should give TDJ better options than just forcing shots at the rim.Watching the offense or lack thereof the last few seasons has been painful and I can't wait to see something different.

Watching the IU guards  just standing around was infuriating last season, watching it in relation to a team like Nova moving is all the indictment of CAM needed to justify his firing. Mind boggling that a team would be taught to be so complacent.

That said, I really hope we have someone working on the team shooting because no one was guarding IU guards close enough to create spacing last year, largely due to horrendous outside shooting. We all see the guys acquired/available next season and the chance to be special, but it is going to come down to better shooting.

38 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Love the concept of keeping the defense occupied with the exchanges. Versus that stagnant offense of CAM.

I remember all the times I saw Bobby on the sidelines waving his hands back and forth, which now makes sense...he was telling them to "exchange" to keep the defense occupied.

IF...Woody can get these kids to move consistently, we start hitting free throws, and increase our 3 pt shooting 2-3% pts, (which should be accomplished easily) we could be very tough to beat.

It also means that the guys need to have more stamina than they did last year if they install all this motion. More stamina conditioning, a little less build muscle exercises IMO.

From what I understand RMK mastered this offense.  One golden rule he had was the "2 second rule".  Square up and look for 2 seconds (if no immediate shot or drive is available) prior to a dribble.  Posting up is for only 2 seconds.   He also was the first to teach any big guy coming off a screen to come off the screen as a curl and put your back to the basket in a sitting down post up like position.    Eric Anderson, Al Henderson, Matt Nover were really good at this.  

8 hours ago, DWB said:

If you're not familiar with the 4 out, 1 in offense (with motion I might add) you really need to watch Coach Tony Adragna's breakdown of it. It is superb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBcc5_Ni5s

After watching this, I'm PUMPED !!

In the future, you can hit share under the video, copy the url and paste it right in the thread.

Interesting, although very basic. 

I probably missed it, but why did he select Villanova as the reference.  4-1 that can act like a 5-0 is pretty basic basketball.   Unless you run specific set pieces off of it, teaching players ‘how to play’ and basketball iq will allow it to flourish.  

how much did I complain about Archie’s offense over the years and the lack of off ball movement?   This video shows the non complicated movements accomplish so much.  

Interesting, although very basic. 

I probably missed it, but why did he select Villanova as the reference.  4-1 that can act like a 5-0 is pretty basic basketball.   Unless you run specific set pieces off of it, teaching players ‘how to play’ and basketball iq will allow it to flourish.  

how much did I complain about Archie’s offense over the years and the lack of off ball movement?   This video shows the non complicated movements accomplish so much.  
He said because Villanova runs a 4-1 with motion that he believes will emulate what CMW's 4-1 with motion will look like.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Based on what info? He just picked a 41 he likes?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Believe because it has an emphasis on the motion. He said he could've went with Belmont and someone else as well as they run similar motion within the 4-1. Idk man lol I'm just telling you what he said. I'm admittedly not an x's and o's expert. My question is how do these types of offenses adapt to zones? Meaning the exchanges won't have the same effect against a zone so does he have a plan to effectively attack a zone?

Believe because it has an emphasis on the motion. He said he could've went with Belmont and someone else as well as they run similar motion within the 4-1. Idk man lol I'm just telling you what he said. I'm admittedly not an x's and o's expert. My question is how do these types of offenses adapt to zones? Meaning the exchanges won't have the same effect against a zone so does he have a plan to effectively attack a zone?

Yeah, 41 is very versatile. Many actions you can run off this base. Easily adaptable to zone defenses.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app