Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2022) - PF Kyle Filipowski to Duke

On 6/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Coach k retiring should hopefully help here 

I would think so too. Normally he seems exactly like the kind of kid Dook gets. 

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

This article has IU as the 5th most likely to get Flipowski. Don't know much about this site

https://bustingbrackets.com/2021/06/07/ncaa-basketball-recruiting-ranking-11-contenders-2022-f-kyle-filipowski/4/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can’t say for sure but from articles I’ve read on it, it’s usually pretty writer opinionated more than facts

On 6/7/2021 at 7:16 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

This article has IU as the 5th most likely to get Flipowski. Don't know much about this site

https://bustingbrackets.com/2021/06/07/ncaa-basketball-recruiting-ranking-11-contenders-2022-f-kyle-filipowski/4/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He’s not visiting Notre Dame as far as I know and they haven’t been mentioned as a factor in this recruitment of late. So I’m pretty skeptical of this. It’s also written as entirely as opinion.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Huge day on campus with both him and JT here on campus. Recruiting gods send us some good vibes here. One seems to be a Duke lean, the other UNC. So let's hope both of them here together makes them think they want to play together. 

Not sure it really makes all that much difference but couldn’t ask for better weather to showcase Bloomington!

3 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Not sure it really makes all that much difference but couldn’t ask for better weather to showcase Bloomington!

Believe it or not, I think stuff like that does matter. 

Recruits and their families are looking for a place to fall in love with. No matter how much they say (and mean it) that they are looking for player development and a great staff and teammates; the aesthetics of the campus, the weather that day, and the hotel and great meal they eat all have a real effect.

It's a little different than a beautiful weather day that featuresthe campus, but this is from the Jordan Geronimo post-commitment interviews:

“I heard a couple of times that Indiana was a basketball state, but I hadn’t really done my research. I’ve heard a few times that Indiana was a basketball school, basketball state. I was like ‘yeah, whatever.’ And then I checked to the Graduate Hotel in Bloomington, Indiana. I look up there are basketball chandeliers, I look down and there is basketball carpet, and I look left there are bleachers that are decorations on the wall.”

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

Yes it was. If you saw some fat guy jogging with a bucket hat on around campus the last hour it was me. My poor bald head has been getting burning on my lunchtime walks/jogs. But just beautiful out.