Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OldBuddy67

21-22 Men’s IUBB Schedule

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I see at least two Maryland and Minnesota

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Currently Minny on the road is a more likely win than Maryland at home. Minny is looking rough—Battle and Willis playing 35+ minutes every game all year is wearing them out.

Also Rutgers has done all their work, except besting Wisconsin, in Piscataway. So that’s not a bridge too far just yet.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, str8baller said:

Most probable. Rutgers is on a tear. Playing the best ball in the conference. I’m not sure we’ll be favored to beat them at this point. 

Rutgers has some strong wins recently, but only away win was against Wisc (yeah wish we'd won that but still)

February:

Lost at NWU (OT, 79-78), beat Wisc at Wisc (73-65), lost to PU on Sunday at PU (84-72)

Won home games - MSU (84-63), OSU (66-64), Ill (70-59)

They play at Mich today, will be interesting to see how that away game goes

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Rutgers has some strong wins recently, but only away win was against Wisc (yeah wish we'd won that but still)

February:

Lost at NWU (OT, 79-78), beat Wisc at Wisc (73-65), lost to PU on Sunday at PU (84-72)

Won home games - MSU (84-63), OSU (66-64), Ill (70-59)

They play at Mich today, will be interesting to see how that away game goes

Yeah I am curious to see how their game against UM goes. Mostly because UM will be without Diabate, Wiiliams, and of course Juwan Howard. 

Honestly I am rooting for Rutgers. Michigan is another team right around IU on the bubble and conference standings. Rutgers is too far ahead and the more they win the better the win will look if IU is able to pull it off. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

In the latest "if the season ended today ..."  we get Michigan in the second round of the B1G tourney, which would be Howard's first game back. 

275045565_513549870137318_6528769059505249218_n.thumb.jpg.d05cf66ab9d012597a21e93f87155cf5.jpg

Helpful tool below for any degen's who want to play with game outcome scenarios.  You can test the impact of each game for the next week or so and how it will impact the B1G bracket.  

Interesting to see Maryland at #10 and Penn St at #11 or Purdue at #2 Wisco with expected results.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Helpful tool below for any degen's who want to play with game outcome scenarios.  You can test the impact of each game for the next week or so and how it will impact the B1G bracket.  

Interesting to see Maryland at #10 and Penn St at #11 or Purdue at #2 Wisco with expected results.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

This tool tells me that all that needs to happen is for Michigan to lose out, we beat Rutgers and then they also lose to Penn St. at home and boom, we can jump to the 7 seed and I don't have to get up at 4am my time next Thursday and drive to Indy to make the 10:30am CST game. Simple as that!

11 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This tool tells me that all that needs to happen is for Michigan to lose out, we beat Rutgers and then they also lose to Penn St. at home and boom, we can jump to the 7 seed and I don't have to get up at 4am my time next Thursday and drive to Indy to make the 10:30am CST game. Simple as that!

I was getting ready to ask what the scenario is to have anything other than the 8-9 game (currently monitoring the ticket situation). Sounds like you answered my question!

4 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I was getting ready to ask what the scenario is to have anything other than the 8-9 game (currently monitoring the ticket situation). Sounds like you answered my question!

I'm sure there are other scenarios where we avoid that game but they're probably even less likely. With PSU losing last night it seems almost impossible that we would drop to the #10 spot, even if we lost out. And man we have just absolutely shot ourselves in the foot in regards to moving up. All 3 of Michigan, MSU and Iowa own the tiebreaker against us if we were to tie record-wise, so we'd have to jump one of them entirely to move ahead of them in the standings. Considering MSU and Iowa already have 10 wins,  one of them would have to lose out and we'd have to win at Purdue for that to happen. In other words, we aren't jumping MSU and Iowa. If we end up tied w/ Rutgers, we'll have the tiebreaker against them, but that means they have to lose to PSU at home or we have to win at Purdue. So let's hope PSU is game for that. And if we really want to talk about how much we've shot ourselves in the foot, those back to back games we couldn't close out against Wisky and OSU are the difference between us playing in the 8/9 game vs. being in the drivers seat in a double bye spot at #4. (not to mention the difference between us living and dying on the bubble vs. us being a lock #6 or #7 seed in the dance?) 

I give all of this info about a 73% accuracy rating and should be verified by someone smarter than me.