Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OldBuddy67

21-22 Men’s IUBB Schedule

I like this schedule for a couple of reasons.  

The pre conf "cupcakes" are not quite as cupcakey as they often are, most are reasonable games.  The name brand opponents we have are not at the top of their cycles so while they are tests, they are not killer opponents early.

The BIG will be tough no matter who we play, when or how many times.

1 hour ago, CS2 said:

I like this schedule for a couple of reasons.  

The pre conf "cupcakes" are not quite as cupcakey as they often are, most are reasonable games.  The name brand opponents we have are not at the top of their cycles so while they are tests, they are not killer opponents early.

The BIG will be tough no matter who we play, when or how many times.

That's how I look at it, too. Overall, a weaker non-conference schedule than many years since the top teams aren't as strong but more balanced since the weakest teams aren't as weak.

I think it's a good schedule for a team that hasn't been to the NCAA in years since it's a chance to get wins while also allowing for the adjustment process that will be needed considering the roster turnover and a new coaching staff including a head coach who has not coached a college game before.

By the end of the season the SOS will be fine from conference play.

https://bigten.org/documents/2021/10/5//2021_22_Big_Ten_MBB_Schedule_FINAL.pdf?id=7292

TV schedule for this season. At first glance IU has one game on BIG+ and that is the second game against NIU

EDIT: here is the link straight from IU website.... https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2021-22

15 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://bigten.org/documents/2021/10/5//2021_22_Big_Ten_MBB_Schedule_FINAL.pdf?id=7292

TV schedule for this season. At first glance IU has one game on BIG+ and that is the second game against NIU

EDIT: here is the link straight from IU website.... https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2021-22

Added for those who don’t like clicking linkys.

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I paid $9.95 for the Isiah Thomas speech and a game against Northern Illinois?

Well worth every penny.

You know what they say about the 2nd place team in the MAC during a pandemic…

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I have us winning 23 games with that schedule

8 cupcakes

4 wins against Minny/Penn St

11-8 against the “competitive” teams? That’d be a pretty strong result.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

8 cupcakes

4 wins against Minny/Penn St

11-8 against the “competitive” teams? That’d be a pretty strong result.

I think so. This is coming from someone that never had us winning more than 20 under Archie. 

I think we see a brief uptick this year, then a step back the following year. After that is where things will get interesting 

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think so. This is coming from someone that never had us winning more than 20 under Archie. 

I think we see a brief uptick this year, then a step back the following year. After that is where things will get interesting 

It's going to be so hard to tell in advance anymore because with the transfer portal we never know who is actually going to be on the team from one season to the next. Without having to sit a year, there's a much greater chance for players to transfer in or out.

The scholarship grid is a nice tool, but the accuracy is pretty much out the window.

12 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

It's going to be so hard to tell in advance anymore because with the transfer portal we never know who is actually going to be on the team from one season to the next. Without having to sit a year, there's a much greater chance for players to transfer in or out.

The scholarship grid is a nice tool, but the accuracy is pretty much out the window.

That is true but we are projecting to lose 4 starters. That’s hard to do no matter what, especially if one of those is an all-American.

From Inside The Hall --

Per public records, here is what IU is paying for guarantee games: 

• E. Michigan - $100,000 
  • UNC Asheville - $96,500 
  • N. Illinois - $95,000 
  • N. Kentucky - $85,000
  • Merrimack - $85,000
  • It will pay bdG Sports a total of $270,000 for games against Louisiana, Jackson St, Marshall.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Inside The Hall --

Per public records, here is what IU is paying for guarantee games: 

• E. Michigan - $100,000 
  • UNC Asheville - $96,500 
  • N. Illinois - $95,000  N. Kentucky - $85,000
  • Merrimack - $85,000
  • It will pay bdG Sports a total of $270,000 for games against Louisiana, Jackson St, Marshall.

We better be paying for eight wins, dammit.