Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OldBuddy67

21-22 Men’s IUBB Schedule

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'll take an easy one against a power 5 school. But I'm guessing none of them will be easy

to each their own I guess. St. johns at assembly hall doesn't do it for me when I see much more appealing alternatives. 

to each their own I guess. St. johns at assembly hall doesn't do it for me when I see much more appealing alternatives. 
Perhaps if they had done better last year, we might have seen a better opponent. They haven't proven they are ready to play better competition. We may look better on paper, but it isn't a lock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Perhaps if they had done better last year, we might have seen a better opponent. They haven't proven they are ready to play better competition. We may look better on paper, but it isn't a lock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well no kidding.

But St. Johns is projected to be last in the Big east. IU didn't finish last last year nor are they projected to this year. 

I would rather IU play someone else. nothing more, nothing less. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

eh. St. Johns isn't supposed to be any good this year so kinda disappointing.

Would have liked xavier, butler, or creighton. 

Depends on if champagnie comes back.  They also will have a sophomore guard Posh Alexander that beat out Garcia for Big East freshman of the year.   Kid is a great defender as well earning co-defensive player of the year as a freshman.    They get wheeler from Purdue and Mathis from Rutgers added to the team as well.   They finished better then expected last year and if they are indeed suppose to finish last this year I think they will be better then that.   Definitely won’t be top of the their conference but not a bad matchup in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't blame you for that. On the other hand, I'm not pushing for style points yet. I just want wins. Don't care about the opponent. Give me at least one season of 20+ wins and an NCAA tourney bid and I'll worry about that stuff again. 

totally understandable

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't blame you for that. On the other hand, I'm not pushing for style points yet. I just want wins. Don't care about the opponent. Give me at least one season of 20+ wins and an NCAA tourney bid and I'll worry about that stuff again. 

Yep. And the NCAA has been on a quantity over quality kick lately. Rack them up baby. 

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Syracuse will host Indiana in the 2021 ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

Since this one is away again, I really hope IU gets 2 games in a row at home. Last year was away.

IU in this challenge:

Away: 10 games (11 counting next season)

Home: 9 games

Neutral: 1 game

So that will be 12 games away from home vs only 9 home games.

At least this seems to be one of the few times the team they're playing should be close. Syracuse was middle of the ACC last year which is a nice change from low placing IU being matched with one of the teams at or near the top of their league. I remember when this challenge was started it was supposed to be mostly even teams playing. Instead, it has turned into mostly best TV matchups and/or matchups to benefit the ACC which isn't surprising since this is an ESPN event.

52 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Since this one is away again, I really hope IU gets 2 games in a row at home. Last year was away.

IU in this challenge:

Away: 10 games (11 counting next season)

Home: 9 games

Neutral: 1 game

So that will be 12 games away from home vs only 9 home games.

At least this seems to be one of the few times the team they're playing should be close. Syracuse was middle of the ACC last year which is a nice change from low placing IU being matched with one of the teams at or near the top of their league. I remember when this challenge was started it was supposed to be mostly even teams playing. Instead, it has turned into mostly best TV matchups and/or matchups to benefit the ACC which isn't surprising since this is an ESPN event.

The neutral court game was in Indy so that was really a home game

19 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Ish. Home-ish. Still not Assembly Hall. The records don't count it as a home game and neither do I.

Just remembering watching that Maryland game and felt like a home game

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Syracuse will host Indiana in the 2021 ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

This one ought to be fun the last time we played them I was on spring break and the airline lost my luggage. 

16 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

This one ought to be fun the last time we played them I was on spring break and the airline lost my luggage. 

The last time was actually December 2013 at the Dome as a 'revenge' game. If you thought the tourney game was fugly, the ACC/B1G game set a new standard.

P.S. I was travelling yesterday and missed this news. They really missed an opportunity to have K go to Maryland one last time.

10 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

The last time was actually December 2013 at the Dome as a 'revenge' game. If you thought the tourney game was fugly, the ACC/B1G game set a new standard.

P.S. I was travelling yesterday and missed this news. They really missed an opportunity to have K go to Maryland one last time.

The Maryland game would've been interesting.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, IUc2016 said:

eh. St. Johns isn't supposed to be any good this year so kinda disappointing.

Might be a much better game than you first thought.   Julian Champagnie has withdrawn from the NBA draft.  Averaged 19.9 ppg and 7.4 rpg last season.  More than one commentator thinks with his return St. John's will be a tournament team and he'll be a Big East POY candidate.

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Might be a much better game than you first thought.   Julian Champagnie has withdrawn from the NBA draft.  Averaged 19.9 ppg and 7.4 rpg last season.  More than one commentator thinks with his return St. John's will be a tournament team and he'll be a Big East POY candidate.

Eh, we’ll see. 

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On Friday they also got a 6'5" grad transfer from Hofstra, who averaged 15 last year and shot 40% from 3.