Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU Baseball vs Minnesota - 4/23 and 4/25 - BTN+

IU won 7-1. Our offense still is not perfect but we took candy from a baby as expected. I worry as we get into harder competition about hitting, but our pitching can shutdown anyone and should not have hard time this weekend in any facet against hapless Gophers.  

Also breaking news of day: McCade Brown is fine and just given weekend off so he did not have to pitch on one less day's rest. Everyone can exhale. 

37 minutes ago, Aaron said:

IU won 7-1. Our offense still is not perfect but we took candy from a baby as expected. I worry as we get into harder competition about hitting, but our pitching can shutdown anyone and should not have hard time this weekend in any facet against hapless Gophers.  

Also breaking news of day: McCade Brown is fine and just given weekend off so he did not have to pitch on extra day's rest. Everyone can exhale. 

I didnt know if you heard or not.. but they mentioned in the first game that he and Reese Sharp were chasing after foul balls. I thought that was pretty funny haha

Without playing IU had a terrific day as Neb, Mich and Iowa all lost. This moves IU to within a game and a half of Nebraska for the Big Ten lead and within a game of Michigan for second and now two games clear of Iowa for third. OSU is three back and everyone else not worth mentioning. 

This one is over quickly and painlessly. IU leads 13-0 after 2 and Minnesota lost another pitcher to injury. Inning included a two run double by Hopkins, a two run single by Toetz and a three run HR by Richardson.  

IU decided giving up a run was to much. They get five back in bottom of sixth including a three run HR by Colopy to make it 18-1 as we head to 7th. IU is emptying the bench now and Bierman done after six solid innings. 

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

IU decided giving up a run was to much. They get five back in bottom of sixth including a three run HR by Colopy to make it 18-1 as we head to 7th. IU is emptying the bench now and Bierman done after six solid innings. 

I feel like I’m being greedy but would be awesome if Nebraska and Michigan could lose

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I feel like I’m being greedy but would be awesome if Nebraska and Michigan could lose

They both lost yesterday already which is huge and means we pick up a game on them this weekend. Would love if they lose again today but don't see it. Hope I am wrong. 

Ethan Vecrumba is pinch hitting for those who wondered about when we would play this year. Also, seen Tucker Schank get his first pinch hit of seaason earlier and Hunter Jessee has taken over in the outfield. Not sure if I missed any other changes.