Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Miller Kopp to Indiana (Northwestern Transfer)

The last three games of the season he shot 21 3s. That is 20.3% of the overall 3s that he took for the entire year even though 3 games only accounts for 13% of the season. He went 3/21 from the 3 in those 3 games. 

Just now, jimsorgi said:

I'm just saying that the base expectation for a career 36% three point shooter should probably be 36%.

If he gets better, awesome. 

I don't think anyone would disagree? I will be disappointed if he only shoots 36% from 3... he is going to get wide open ones, unlike the ones he was consistently getting for NW. Quality of shot is widely underrated. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think anyone would disagree? I will be disappointed if he only shoots 36% from 3... he is going to get wide open ones, unlike the ones he was consistently getting for NW. Quality of shot is widely underrated. 

same applies to Hunter. He's better than a 34% shooter, the spreadout game is going to benefit him

16 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Yeah because that makes sense

His minute % and usage rate has now been adjusted to a more reasonable number. IU's roster is now projected at 25 again.

Before, the projections had Kopp as getting 70% of the minutes with a high usage rate. And I agree that if Kopp is expected to carry that type of load IU won't be as good. 

42 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

His minute % and usage rate has now been adjusted to a more reasonable number. IU's roster is now projected at 25 again.

Before, the projections had Kopp as getting 70% of the minutes with a high usage rate. And I agree that if Kopp is expected to carry that type of load IU won't be as good. 

25 seems about right to start. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

That makes more sense now. 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, HoosierHoopster said:

same applies to Hunter. He's better than a 34% shooter, the spreadout game is going to benefit him

I think a fresh start with a different coach will help him, too. There's something wrong when a decent shooter like Hunter hits only 51.9% of his free throw attempts (after 75.0% the previous season). Same with Phinisee. How can Rob be only a 63.8% free throw shooter last season? He was 72.5% the previous year. I think with a lot of work and more confidence,, they should both shoot better on their 3s and FTs.    

I think a fresh start with a different coach will help him, too. There's something wrong when a decent shooter like Hunter hits only 51.9% of his free throw attempts (after 75.0% the previous season). Same with Phinisee. How can Rob be only a 63.8% free throw shooter last season? He was 72.5% the previous year. I think with a lot of work and more confidence,, they should both shoot better on their 3s and FTs.    

With Rob I think it was all confidence. It looked like he was aiming and hoping it would go in when he was at the line. Very tentative. Hopefully he gets some confidence going into this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just now listened to the full interview on AJ Guytons podcast. MK said originally he wanted to get out of the B1G. My apologies if this has been talked about already but wonder what his reason was?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

23 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I just now listened to the full interview on AJ Guytons podcast. MK said originally he wanted to get out of the B1G. My apologies if this has been talked about already but wonder what his reason was?

My guess is to play on a team in a conference that is more NBA-style to increase his chances to getting to the league. The grind it out style of the B1G has been discussed/debated in regards to not being attractive to high level recruits. Woodson's NBA pedigree changed his mind IMO. Howard at Michigan is the only other coach in the B1G that has similar appeal and he's killing it on the recruiting trail.

31 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Probably just so he didn't have to face his former teammates.