Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Miller Kopp to Indiana (Northwestern Transfer)

16 minutes ago, Barrel Rick said:

hey y’all,

just wanted to come on and give my thoughts on the newest addition to the IUBB family; Miller “Lite” Kopp.

from what i heard at my morning brunch with Coach Woodson this morning, the kid shoots it like fu*king Wally Szczerbiak;

we were in dire need of snipers, and Morning Wood delivered.. barrels off to him.

as for Miller Lite, i’m predicting he comes in and wets that hoe at an 87% clip; and if he doesn’t, i’m gonna give his sister the Ricky Special. 

- Barrel Rick, 2021

Rick Da Truth!

We keep talking about his shooting prowess but Miller sees this opportunity with IU as a chance to show he is more than a shooter. 

"I think the Big Ten will see a different player," he said. "Someone who's a versatile player offensively and more than a shooter. Playing in the open court, playing in ball screens and more swagged up overall, to be frank."

What do you think his more swagged up role will be in Woodys 4-1 offense 

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So what do we do now that we’ve hired all our assistants and filled all our scholarships? Too bad we can’t skip ahead a few months. 

I was thinking about this as soon as I saw he committed. 

I really want to fast forward to football season, with a very brief pause for the NFL draft. 

CBB season can't get here fast enough. I'm sure Woodson and the crew want as much time as possible though.

I'm pumped!

8 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:
Miller Kopp made three trips to Bloomington with Northwestern, and each time seeds were planted that led to today.

"That’s my favorite arena to play at in college basketball."

Really an excellent interview Mike...thanks!

25 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:
Miller Kopp made three trips to Bloomington with Northwestern, and each time seeds were planted that led to today.

"That’s my favorite arena to play at in college basketball."

In this new transfer era every incoming team becomes a scouting opportunity for next year rosters. 

Another reason to bring in relatively decent east wins in the non conference.  Teams with players who might be good enough to transfer 

11 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

The concern for some would be everybody in modern college basketball plays this way except for the B1G.   I for one hope it works because like many I’m sick of how the B1G plays.    Slowly coaches are moving that way in the B1G.  Holtmann and Howard have shown you can have success going small 

Well, it's not like the BIG Ten teams were world-beaters in the NCAA tourney. I like that CMW is trying to immediately change the roster. I'm sure that he'll do his best with the team this year, but it's been encouraging that he immediately identified that this team couldn't win with its current pieces. The NBA is such a shooter's league, that's obviously what CMW is immediately trying to do with this team. I'm still stunned that Miller didn't try to add shooting like this over the last 2 years. It's like he was the only guy in the world who didn't realize that IU was never going to do anything until they added some serious shooters. 

And let's face it - it won't truly be a team full of Woody's guys for a couple of years. But instead of just doing his best with who IU already had, he made some key additions and seemingly let our slowest big guy go. 

19 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

Well, it's not like the BIG Ten teams were world-beaters in the NCAA tourney. I like that CMW is trying to immediately change the roster. I'm sure that he'll do his best with the team this year, but it's been encouraging that he immediately identified that this team couldn't win with its current pieces. The NBA is such a shooter's league, that's obviously what CMW is immediately trying to do with this team. I'm still stunned that Miller didn't try to add shooting like this over the last 2 years. It's like he was the only guy in the world who didn't realize that IU was never going to do anything until they added some serious shooters. 

And let's face it - it won't truly be a team full of Woody's guys for a couple of years. But instead of just doing his best with who IU already had, he made some key additions and seemingly let our slowest big guy go. 

For Miller to have tried to add this many shooters this quickly would have meant admitting that he either didn't recruit good shooters (poor player evaluation) or that he wasn't able to coach and/or wasn't able to coach and develop the ones he had. I'm other words, he'd have had to admit fault as well as overcome his stubbornness, neither of which he seems good at doing.

To be fair, he would've had to do it under different transfer rules so it might not have been as easy to add college experienced shooters as quickly. He did try to recruit some well ranked out of state shooters from HS. Miller just couldn't deal the deal on those. He did also recruit Stewart.

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

For Miller to have tried to add this many shooters this quickly would have meant admitting that he either didn't recruit good shooters (poor player evaluation) or that he wasn't able to coach and/or wasn't able to coach and develop the ones he had. I'm other words, he'd have had to admit fault as well as overcome his stubbornness, neither of which he seems good at doing.

To be fair, he would've had to do it under different transfer rules so it might not have been as easy to add college experienced shooters as quickly. He did also recruit Stewart.

It’s nonsensical that he didn’t start recruiting shooters as soon as he got to campus