Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Next Season’s Expectations

We k ow we have 3 games Already set in the ACC and the Gavitt games plus ND in the Cross Roads .  My prediction we will play at Home against UNC and play at Georgetown in those games.  I am wondering how we will fill out the other 8 non conference games.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You want fries with that as well?   lol

Any 5 of those would be incredible achievements after what we've endured far too long.

I bet Archie could deliver fries. I mean they would be slow and stale. But they’d get there 

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's hard to say a number of wins because we don't know the schedule.  I would expect a top 5 conference finish, NO BLOWOUT LOSSES, and an invite to the NCAA tournament 

We can and should meet or exceed your expectations, but no blowout losses?!?

A top 5 Michigan team at full strength got curb stomped by Minny this past year.

It happens.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

We can and should meet or exceed your expectations, but no blowout losses?!?

A top 5 Michigan team at full strength got curb stomped by Minny this past year.

It happens.

BETTER NOT.  (I kinda doubt it does tbh).  I understand games against highly ranked teams that get away from you at the end.  But not even competing from the tip like Archie teams would do are unacceptable. 

Play hard every game. Winning record in B1G (beating Purdoo at least once) win at least a game in the conf tourney & NCAA I'm content for year 1. 

Nice to have: Make over 72% team FT's. 

It’s been said but I honestly think a tournament spot is the sweet spot.

Would put the “fading program” talk in the rear view, be an obvious change from recent years that re-engages fans, and gives Woodson a chance to show off his coaching prowess by getting a postseason win (or more).

We do that, none of which is crazy to expect,  and the future is as bright as we can make it.

1. Easily in the Tournament

2. 23+ wins

3. No inexplicable losses (cough IPFW cough)

4. See the kids (men) enjoying themselves, lifting each other up good or bad. I am a softie, but I really hated seeing how miserable the team looked under Archie pretty much all the time. I want to see the joy back in the game for them, and just judging by social media, that has already started.

5. Beating PU would just be a bonus, they will be a really good team next year, competitive is fine for me there.

6. No 6,7,8,9,10 minute scoring droughts. I expect a couple minutes without buckets and CMW is going to wholesale change a la RMK.

As many know, I'm pretty critical on the Woodson hire. I'm still a little concerned on his coaching ability, he'll have his time to sell that to me and the fans of course.

It's looking good so far this off-season, but we still need to address the shooting issue. If we can't shoot next year, we're not going to be a tournament team. Player development this off-season will be a huge sign of Woodson's ability to coach imo.

My expectations?  

The Dance. I'm not going to put a total number of games to win or top of the conference. Based off the "hype" so far this off-season, if we don't make the dance next year with an All-American and "key" returners, then it will be a failure on the programs part. 

We'll see. 

I just want a sense of that "Oh S***" moment where the basketball world knows that IU BASKETBALL is back!

Coaches are circling IU on their schedules.

Know that this program is hard to scout.

Not allowing or accepting mediocrity.

Actually rounding out a roster that players fit a position and understand their roles.

Opposing teams know that walking into AH is already going to be a loss.

Tradition is on it's way back!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

NIL + Woody + Kenya + Matta + Fife + Yas + IUBB Alumni + NYC connections + Relatively Diminished B1G + Shooters + Experience + Passionate players + TJD = 

Dance Baby GIF - Dance Baby Dancing GIFsClaire Dancing GIF - Claire Dancing Baby GIFsExcited GIF - AmericasGotTalent AGT Happy GIFsSnoop Snoopy GIF - Snoop Snoopy Peanuts GIFsBrittney Spears Yay GIF - Yay BrittneySpears Happiness GIFsApplause Anxious GIF - Applause Anxious Happy GIFs

Hoosier Hysteria is how many days away? Seriously going to be fun. Don’t want to get too crazy but this feels like a top 20 team right now. Ceiling is high for this team. My lineup right now:

Johnson

Bates

Stewart

Kopp

Jackson-Davis

Rob and Race first off the bench. Minutes will be a dog fight after that. Love it. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Hoosier Hysteria is how many days away? Seriously going to be fun. Don’t want to get too crazy but this feels like a top 20 team right now. Ceiling is high for this team. My lineup right now:

Johnson

Bates

Stewart

Kopp

Jackson-Davis

Rob and Race first off the bench. Minutes will be a dog fight after that. Love it. 

I cannot imagine that Tamar Bates will start as a first day freshman given the depth of our roster.

The best possible news for the team would be if Jordan Geronimo won a starting slot; that would indicate that he has greatly improved and would make us a far superior defensive team.

Realistic Expectation for next year: The bench will be used as a motivational tool! I have a feeling we have found a coach that will not be afraid to bench a player for lack of effort and will have some solid backups for those games where a guy is just off! Instead of just watching Clang, Clang, Turnover, Clang, Clang, Clang! oh forgot another Turnover and what play are we suppose to be running, better check with coach as I walk the ball up the floor with 10 seconds left on the clock!  That is one thing that I am kind of excited about!

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Realistic Expectation for next year: The bench will be used as a motivational tool! I have a feeling we have found a coach that will not be afraid to bench a player for lack of effort and will have some solid backups for those games where a guy is just off! Instead of just watching Clang, Clang, Turnover, Clang, Clang, Clang! oh forgot another Turnover and what play are we suppose to be running, better check with coach as I walk the ball up the floor with 10 seconds left on the clock!  That is one thing that I am kind of excited about!

Woodson isn't promising anything so something tells me the bench will be used much more often than it has in recent years.