Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) SG Tamar Bates to INDIANA

OK, I may be reading to much into this but during the interview Tamar seemed very serious and focused. I think he is taking fatherhood very seriously which is of course a good thing. He wants to be great Dad and provider which makes me wonder if going pro after this season is the way to be that provider and give her all that she wants and needs. If he has the type of season we all hope and expect he is going to have it could be a real possibility. That would explain the DHS and Elmarko Jackson offers.

5 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

OK, I may be reading to much into this but during the interview Tamar seemed very serious and focused. I think he is taking fatherhood very seriously which is of course a good thing. He wants to be great Dad and provider which makes me wonder if going pro after this season is the way to be that provider and give her all that she wants and needs. If he has the type of season we all hope and expect he is going to have it could be a real possibility. That would explain the DHS and Elmarko Jackson offers.

I also may be reading too much into this, but for me Tamar looked more than a little surprised and a little uncomfortable that almost none of the questions were about basketball and almost all were repetitive questions and about his family situation.

I felt a little uncomfortable watching the interview after a while.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I also may be reading too much into this, but for me Tamar looked more than a little surprised and a little uncomfortable that almost none of the questions were about basketball and almost all were repetitive questions and about his family situation.

I get the human interest side of this, but also believe that the media goes a little too far into his personal, private life. Now that those questions are out of the way, I hope that the privacy of that part of his life is respected. The spotlight can be very stressful on a young family.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I haven't watched but I would understand if that was the case. He probably went in expecting to talk about basketball and offseason training a lot.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Agree and with @cthomas-- sometimes the media guys lose track of the fact they're talking to college kids who play basketball - a couple hey congrats on being a dad type questions are cool, but come on media guys, stop the digging around into a player's personal life.

59 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Agree and with @cthomas-- sometimes the media guys lose track of the fact they're talking to college kids who play basketball - a couple hey congrats on being a dad type questions are cool, but come on media guys, stop the digging around into a player's personal life.

I do get it from the media point of view. They are interviewing with a goal of getting a story with an interesting angle. In this case, it was “bball player has unique motivation to play for.”

A more savvy interviewee would say “hey guys, I answered about my newborn once; now let’s talk hoops.”

IU media could also have gently but effectively re-oriented the session. Wish they had. 

On 6/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, ramadden13 said:

Tamar did an interview with Guyton. Fun interview! One funny note, he said that when he decided for sure on IU was when he was going to the beach in Florida and saw a car with an IU license plate and said it had to be a sign. Bless you, Florida IU fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, here it is lol

IU license plates for the win!