Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) SG Tamar Bates to INDIANA

Just now, cthomas said:

Age does seem to compress people. Over the last 65 years I've lost about an inch and a half. I think I'm going to like young Mr Bates quite a bit.

Ditto. I was 6’4” in college. Haven’t been measured in a few decades, but pretty damn sure I’m not now. And, yeah, everything about this kid is really impressive. Won’t surprise me at all if 10 years from now when Woody is retiring after a hell of a run returning the program to real relevance that we look back at Bates as the foundational kid. Kind of think he might be special. 

9 hours ago, mike vannice said:

I thought he was going to wear number 53 to honor his grandmother?

He is still wearing 53. He posted on his instagram story that 53 wasn't ready yet. I was wondering the same before I saw that.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

That was probably me. Or Josh. One of us for pretty sure!

You're all welcome.

He's from my side of the state so I'm taking credit for this one.  You had Rod Wilmont and Will Sheehey.  Time will tell who the better recruiter was.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If you liked the picture of Tamar and his family on campus, you'll really enjoy Tamar receiving his high school diploma.  Tamar's grandfather also has a Twitter account and had multiple tweets about Tamar's graduation and becoming a Hoosier.  In one of grandpa's tweets, he inadvertently referred to us as University of Indiana and the jerks that some of our fans can be called him out on it.  Geesh!  Some of our "fans" really need to get a life.

His dad and grandpa are great Twitter follows! They're so proud of Tamar and seem to really be into IU and all that comes with it. His whole family seems like a great group of people really - they're active in the comments thanking people and saying how excited and proud they are. It's heartwarming how they've really embracing our beloved IU already.